Zebralight H60w battery question

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
I just bought 6 Eagletac batteries for my Eagletac light M2C4, Tiablo A8 Aspheric, and my hopefully soon to be owned Elektrolumens EDC-MCE.

However, they won't work in my Zebralight (found that out already before ordering batteries). I've been running my older Tenergy batteries but all tests show their actual runtime as being pretty low compared to rating.

So, is there any good flat-top protected 18650s that are recommended over others for the Zebralight? I'm getting ready to order four more batteries and planned on just going ahead with the Tenergy brand but if there is a better choice (quality, runtime, etc) that fits as well in the H60... could you share the suggestion with a brother?

Thanks for any info that can be provided.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
The prefered brand around here is CPFs own AW. I've had good experiences runnng the AW 18650/2600 in an H60W. The only tricky part is differeciating between thermal shutdown and low voltage cut off.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
The prefered brand around here is CPFs own AW. I've had good experiences runnng the AW 18650/2600 in an H60W. The only tricky part is differeciating between thermal shutdown and low voltage cut off.

I thought AW was button top. I'll have to look into that. When I tried using Eagletacs I had to really crank the cap down. That in turn slightly pressured the protection circuit board. Lesson learned, use flat top batteries. Thats what I want to stay away from.

Any suggestion on the best place (price and service) is to order the AWs?

Yavox

Enlightened
I thought AW was button top. I'll have to look into that. When I tried using Eagletacs I had to really crank the cap down. That in turn slightly pressured the protection circuit board. Lesson learned, use flat top batteries. Thats what I want to stay away from.

Any suggestion on the best place (price and service) is to order the AWs?

You can have a look at the battery top and order it here:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=200812

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I thought AW was button top.

Most AW's have buttons like this:

2jgu1h.jpg

The 2600 model specifically does not:

ax1aie.jpg

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use AW's unprotected 2200mAh 18650s in mine. Nice thing about that is that if the light's protection mode kicks in while running on high, I can turn it back on a couple of seconds later, and use a lower mode for a little while(don't know how long per mode, haven't checked).

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
So the actual ordering process is better through AW than going through Lighthound?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
So the actual ordering process is better through AW than going through Lighthound?

Lighthound uses the standard "web" purchase style. Add to cart, then check out with a form. AW uses the standard "cpf" purchase style. Reply to thread, then send PP payment of the self calculated amount to the vendors address. Better is subjective. Web style can be more work if you have to fill out purchase data every time (CC #, etc), CPF style can be more work, tracking all the pieces (shipping etc).

spellitout

Newly Enlightened

I have never ordered directly from AW here on CPF, but have ordered AW batteries from LightHound with paypal from their site site and all my orders have arrived lightning fast to Virginia with parcel post shipping.

Also, I have used blue protected TrustFire 18650s in my H60w and haven't had any problems.

Last edited: