• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ***SOLD***McGizmo UV 365nm Sun Drop XR-U custom anodized blue

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a very special piece at a super savings! This is one of Don's creations with a special touch to tell it apart... BLUE anodizing to represent the Ultra Violette light engine. Here is his post from his latest thread quoted here:

The 033A LED is a very impressive LED and they don't come cheap!! For more info, I have uploaded the spec sheet PDF which can be found, HERE. It is not a toy and it needs to be used with regard for safety for yourself as well as others.

I don't know what demand there might be for these but I won't know without making them available.

Initially I am going to offer the UV LE in 4 options and see how it plays out. I have a hand full of the aluminum EN Aleph Mule McClickie sets that can be host for one of these as well as the titanium Haiku and XR-U. So there are three posible turn-key lights to be offered as well as the LE alone.

If you want a UV LE (light engine) by itself I want to suggest that it is compatible in an Aleph Mule head powered by a single CR123 or R123 cell. You can also host one of thess LE's in an Aleph A19 head but you will need to shorten the length of the reflector. You can accomplish this by filing down the front end of the reflector until it and the LE fit properly in the head. You can also use an existing SunDrop XR-U to host one of these LE's. Please post any questions here in this thread so that others can benefit as well.

The offering (from Don's original sales thread)
XR-U UV $505

I am only asking $425 shipped for this unique treasure! :devil: (International buyers add $25 for express with tracking) Insurance is strongly suggested! I learned the hard way!

010mg.jpg

009af.jpg

008ysb.jpg

001kc.jpg

004xf.jpg

012aul.jpg

Last edited: