Issue Resolved/Changed Reflector Now Head Rattles (Catapult)

2Reason

Newly Enlightened
Disregard my post, I figured it out. The gummy seal must come up over the lens and hold it to the reflector before the bezel is tightened down.

My ThruNite Catapult came with an Orange Peel reflector and on the advice of others I obtained a Smooth Reflector so as to have the best of both worlds depending upon the application.

But, after removing the Bezel and Lens and rocking the reflector back and forth from the bottom and pushing up on it, it cocked and became increasingly difficult to move. However, I persisted with the rocking side to side while pushing up and eventually the gummy seal moved up to the rim of the flash head and out it came.

However, upon inserting the other reflector into the flash head then trying to get the gummy seal around its edges proved to be quite challenging. I got the seal down as far as I could, but could not get it to surround the perimeter of the reflector. The seal sits atop the reflector but the seal's minuscule sidewall doesn't go between the reflector and flash head.

I then placed the glass lens on top of the seal/reflector and tightened down the bezel. The flash head was then reattached to the body and tightened. However, there is now a slight rattle emitting from the flash head, which indicates to me that the reflector is not properly seated in that #@$* gummy seal.

Has anyone experienced this and/or determined a better way of changing reflectors in the Catapult. The light works, but it didn't rattle before and the fact that it's doing it now is really bugging me. (

Last edited: