Does anyone have the new streamlight Polytac LED HP

Steveo

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have the new Streamlight Polytac LED HP? Im wondering how much better they are than the regular Polytac LED.

footballboy3

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested in these as well. but I don't think they're out yet. I saw on this site that they expect it in April.

jpl

Newly Enlightened
I was just about to buy the Polytac LED today, and I figured I would check the forums to see if something newer was available... And what do you know! :)

I just wanted a light to leave in the glove-box of my car for one-off type uses. Something that was handy to have around, and had a good 'all-around' type beam.

Does it look like the HP is going to have more of a spot type beam, and therefore might not be best suited for general use, which might include short-range?

I'm no expert in reading output charts, but it seems the HP will have much more throw.

http://www.streamlightdistributor.com/documents/series/polytac/PolyTac-Specs.pdf

If the HP seems better suited, I can wait. Otherwise I'm sure the standard LED will be fine.

texaslightguy

Newly Enlightened
I got my first shipment today. Just looked at it.

at 5' it is a LOT brighter, at 25' it makes the poly tac look like it is not on.

No flies on this light at all.

The halo is identical, the spot is of course a lot tighter.

No doubt they are for two different uses, but the HP is definitely the superior light when pure performance is the issue.

Last edited:

crossliner67

Newly Enlightened
I got my first shipment today. Just looked at it.

at 5' it is a LOT brighter, at 25' it makes the poly tac look like it is not on.

No flies on this light at all.

The halo is identical, the spot is of course a lot tighter.

No doubt they are for two different uses, but the HP is definitely the superior light when pure performance is the issue.
. Updates on the Polytac Hp please? This newest version of the Polytac series looks promising..http://www.opticsplanet.net/streamlight-polytac-led-hp-high-performance-flashlight.html

Last edited:

Vinniec5

Enlightened
I just received mine today and its a helluva lot more focused than the polytac ( which i still carry everywhere) really has a long range spot. Glad I bought it

nightstalker101

Enlightened
Can anyone check to see if a 17670 will fit in the Polytac or Polytac HP? I've heard conflicting reports.