• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SPF - Going Home - Milky Project M X865.4

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD PENDING FUNDS

Well I could not help it - bought the light a while ago, absolutely fantastic - but I could not bring myself to use it outside the apartment. It's too nice. One of the earlier owners wanted it back - so it's currently SPF for what I paid for it.

IT IS GOING HOME.......

I didn't mean for this thread to be a tease - it's such a unique light (& by milky) that I wanted folks to know where it went.

I believe these photos are from the owner it's going back to (so hopefully it's okay to use them :D)

754248192_PfNRt-M.jpg

754248199_sgG6Y-M.jpg

Description below;
[FONT=&quot]Originally Posted by milkyspit [/FONT]https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2531692#post2531692

[FONT=&quot]Project-M: This build complies with the general design architecture of my own Project-M builds. Please see this thread for more on that.

eXtreme: The build is a little too experimental in nature and/or not quite efficient enough to meet Project-M standards, receiving the "X" designation to indicate this fact. (Just occurred to me that NASA has long named their rocket-powered test aircraft using an "X" designation... the X15, for example... maybe at some level this influenced my own choice of lettering.)

X865.4: This light receives a nominal rating of 865 lumens max output. The rating is based on the guaranteed minimum output for each Rebel-100 emitter, adjusted for the output current they actually see. It is entirely possible the light might produce 900+ lumens, but I prefer to rate Project-M and related builds a little on the conservative side. As for the ".4" part... that indicates the head provides four brightness levels. (Actually it offers EIGHT levels, but we'll get to that.)

6x Rebel-100: Six white Rebel-100 emitters are present.

McR10-R: These are the reflectors used on the white emitters. They are McGizmo-produced and built specifically for the Luxeon Rebel series of LEDs.

AcornHC 1.5: The driver used for the white LEDs is the same one developed for use in the Gotham flashlight. This particular driver is set to deliver a maximum 1.5 Amps output current overall.

'C-Amity' Firmware: This is the version of software that controls the light's user interface as well as functionality in general. It's an offshoot of my current "Bailey" firmware and incorporates some tweaks Donn had requested to the brightness of the various levels. Includes a Miser Mode

1x Rebel R-O: One red-orange Rebel emitter is present.

SOB333: The driver used to power the red-orange emitter is an SOB333 constant-current buck converter.

Variable Color Enhancement: Similar to the various "Pinky" builds I've done in the past, except for one critical difference... normally a pinky build keeps the degree of color enhancement constant at the various levels of output... by contrast, this light is designed for the proportion of red-orange to VARY, with it most present at the lowest outputs, similar to the red lights some folks use to retain their night vision... and least present at max output, which is most likely being used for longer ranges where the enhanced color rendition would be least effective anyway... the contribution of the red-orange was tuned to provide optimal blending for color rendition purposes at MEDIUM output. (The light ranges from ultralow, to low, to medium, to max.)

Use with 2x Li-Ion or 3x123 Primaries: Doesn't matter which size lithium-ion rechargeable, just use TWO of them and all will be well. Use three and you'll have a nifty paperweight before too long. Likewise, 3x123 primaries is fine, 4x123 not so fine.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Last edited:

GunSmoke16610

Enlightened
She is coming home! For those of you that have sold a light and regretted it immediately, you know the anger and pain I am referring to. Thanks to nfetterly for allowing me to make this right and forget about my lapse of good judgment!

lovecpf