Cree MC-E keychain torch

oldspice10

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone!! Im new to this whole hobby, and would like some more information, I posted this question in Techjunkie's thread here, but I bet I get a reply alittle faster here, Im excited to get going!! I want to copy his Trustfire TR-803 design. I have the donor light (TR-803), but Im not sure what driver to buy. He mentioned a " KD driver pid 1845 (unregulated/DD 5 PWM modes with memory)" I think its this one:

http://kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=1845

I have read a few posts about soldering emitters and think I could do it successfully, but if there is more information available please lead me to it!!
If someone already asked for a driver for an MC-E with one IMR 16340 battery I apologize, I searched but to no avail! thanks everyone! This forum led me to my first real LED (Fenix L2t v1)
Any other tips for me?
Please let me know!

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
yehh....get the MC-E on a 15mm PCB board that Shiningbeam.com sells (so it can fit in the flashlight) (also a member here) but feed TWO wires per LED pole...

I have used this for 2 P60 modules with precisely the same driver....the problem with the 15mm baord he uses is that the solder pads are small for the MC-E current...(I lsot more than 10% of power to the led due to pad resistance)

but there are 2 of them for teh + and - poles so rewire the driver with 2 cables each (you got to enlarge the wire holes)

best of luck, kostas