The LED Museum is temporarily offline. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
If you've gotten funky error pages when attempting to access my website, I already know about it.
My ISP is discontinuing their PWP (Personal Web Pages) service, and I'm already getting hooked up with another webhost. However, my website went offline sometime overnight -- a full month before it was supposed to. :sick2:

Hopefully within the next day or so, my new URL will be: http://www.ledmuseum.co.cc
There are no guarantees as to this timeline, but you can rest assured that I am trying.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience (or withdrawl symptoms due to lack of flashahol) that this may cause.

ragweed

Enlightened
I really like your site. It learned me alot about led lights. All the best in getting the site up & running.

watt4

Enlightened
Either keep using ledmuseum.org, or get yourself a real top-level-domain. Not a free subdomain. those can be handy for playing around, but not for a serious website. you have enough hours/years invested in the ledmuseum that it needs its own domain.

ledmuseum.org has not expired. wherever you are getting the new webhosting, the ledmuseum.org can be pointed to it and continued in service.

the internet has far too many references to ledmuseum.org to just stop using it like that.

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I got the same message from AT&T, but my site is still up as my LED test pictures and graphs still show. I already got myself a domain name, site and new email address since I am dumping AT&T altogether for doing this. The worst part for me is I have to change my email address I've been using for 12 years. I am self employed and I have a lot of return business customers contact me through it, so I have to send messages out.:sick2:

I was using the $9.95 dial up plan for the web hosting and email, although I have high speed access through other means. AT&T is taking away webhosting and forcing me to their $15 or 16 per month plan. It is not worth it. It is just one less large company I will have to deal with.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Either keep using ledmuseum.org, or get yourself a real top-level-domain. Not a free subdomain. those can be handy for playing around, but not for a serious website. you have enough hours/years invested in the ledmuseum that it needs its own domain.

ledmuseum.org has not expired. wherever you are getting the new webhosting, the ledmuseum.org can be pointed to it and continued in service.

the internet has far too many references to ledmuseum.org to just stop using it like that.

I honestly cannot afford ($) a true top-level domain, so I have to take what I can get. :-/

This morning, I received an offer for webhosting from somebody in Amsterdarn, and since the webhosting service I'm attempting to migrate to is being all pissy, I accepted his offer. He's offering it free, with no ads, restrictions, or other horse puckey. So the address of http://www.ledmuseum.co.cc may not in fact be the address I end up with. :)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Glad everything's back up, Craig. Your site is essential. Thanks for all your work and efforts to keep it available to us.

Geoff

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Hi Craig,

The opening page loads for me at the candlepower.us site, but when I click on the main graphic I get:

Not Found

The requested URL //ledleft.htm was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.41 Server at ledmuseum.candlepower.us Port 80

I'm guessing you already know this by now.

Oh, and I have a special message for AT&T - Plllllllbbbbbfffftttttt!

Last edited:

watt4

Enlightened
craig, what is the future of the ledmuseum.org domain name?

have you contacted the owner to ask if it can be used with your Amsterdam webhost?

your primary webpage will lose a LOT of traffic due to the loss of the ATT.net location. It will lose even more if you cannot continue with the ledmuseum.org domain.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Hi Craig,

The opening page loads for me at the candlepower.us site, but when I click on the main graphic I get:

Not Found

The requested URL //ledleft.htm was not found on this server.
Fixed...for some reason, two "/" characters got put into a rather critical line, not just one...I found the double-slash error yesterday in a number of other locations as well. I believe I made a typo of some type while using a Search & Destro...er...uh...REPLACE;) program. :thumbsup:

craig, what is the future of the ledmuseum.org domain name?

have you contacted the owner to ask if it can be used with your Amsterdam webhost?

your primary webpage will lose a LOT of traffic due to the loss of the ATT.net location. It will lose even more if you cannot continue with the ledmuseum.org domain.
I have already contacted the domain owner to have the domain point to the new URL of http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/led/ (yes, this is the webspace you're letting me use - the Amsterdarn webhost is (right now anyway) just hosting all of the photographs, charts, and other images that were formerly hosted by AT&T.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
It's working now. Thanks, Craig!

BTW I like the color temperature of that Glaciallight BR-30.

**Edit**

Looks like you've got the domain name moved over. Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.