McLux head and E2E body?

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this has been discussed before, but sometimes I'm brain dead in my own little world. I just tried this combo out and it's really bright and I can't remember if these are not supposed to be used together. This combo is really nice together but I'm afraid the Mclux can't handle the 6 volts. Anyone using this combo together? I don't usually mix and match components although I know most people here do.

Mike451

Newly Enlightened
keithhr,

If you have a McLux TK, it uses the dat2zip BadBoy400. This regulator is rated at a max Vin of the Vf of the Luxeon, ~3 volts. You are probably in Direct Drive with the E2e!

--Mike

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was already to order another McLux head for my E2E, I guess I'll learn more of the tech stuff as time goes by.I'm just a big fan of these lights. I don't have any backround in this area, just the ability to really appreciate what they do. I have a w4w 5 watter purchased from Elektrolumens and was wondering what kind of a host to put it in,(have someone put it in for me) I was thinking maybe E2E, McLux head without their Luxeon, or maybe a Pelican m6 because we know that is a good match. The above combination was really nice, much better than I could have thought possible. What's happening, I already have more lights than I can possibly justify even by putting them in every room for possible emergencies, not counting the lights that I carry which cancel out all the other ones, all for a good laugh.

Darell

Flashaholic
Even if we HAD a warranty, you've REALLY voided it now!

Seriously, the BB is not meant for anything over ~3V. You are most certainly in direct drive. Works great on the E1 body, but we certainly don't recommend it on two cells in the stock configuration!

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! 6V in a McLux head... I'm surprised your McLux head didn't explode in great balls of fire!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I hope you meant putting a McLux head in a E2e body and running it off of a Copia 168B... That's still direct-driving it, but at least it's "somewhat" manageable...

6V is just /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif ...