• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired closed-Tri-LED modder Kit and loose P7s

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Closed, thanks for looking.

Check this link
To tri-build or not to tri-build a LED light

On the left...
tm800x3.gif
tm801x3300.jpg

The two for sale have the heavy knurling, the last Pict shows light knurling, it was available two styles.

I unfortunately have run out of energy, no ambition left and am clearing my bench, retiring from modding actually. lovecpf I would like to sell these as DIY parts kits. Most single die LEDs will drop in, P7 will take some fitting. Look at the 3D size for long run times and the heavy knurling on the grip!

With the Nuwai TM-800x3 (made for Nuwai by Shyguang http://www.shykuang.com.tw/new english_web/p06-03-TM-800X3.html ) you can drop in most single die, (not MCE or P7) without much work. I have made both P4 and Q5 mods. These mods are quick and easy. Now you can use an R2 or R5 for 990 lumes on high!:
· You can use the electronics as is, and by far just an easy drop in of a more powerful LED output.
· If your Vf is significantly different change the resistors, change the wiring on the resistors to have all three on and drop the output by steps on the three clicks. (I believe that maybe a Milkyspit modification post on CPF)
· Use the D2FLEX pwm modulators that come with it and run three LEDs on at all times.
· Put in a driver

I have 2 identical unfinished projects left, selling as a DIY kit!!

· Two new Nuwai TM 800x3 that contain Lux III LEDs. Original cost me at least: $62.50
· D2Flex PWM controllers, and cost me at least: $22
· MCR 20 reflectors http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/product_info.php?products_id=677 cost me at least: $60
· flashlightlens.com UCL window. cost me at least: cost me at least: $6.25
· PVC reducing tube for batteries.
· C litium cells 3 for cost me at least: $30
· PCB from battery space .com to make a battery pack, an option. cost me at least: $5.95

The total on parts is at least $187 without the shipping I paid, I will give you the light body and then some and sell for $117when you buy the lot .

The second kit I am short one battery so let's make it easy $107.

You can also mod to a MCE or P7 but those take some more fitting on the reflectors due to the larger die.

I have three spare P7 LEDs to go too, with a light or by themselves if the lights sell first without them !

Lot of 3 D bin P7s as a lot DSXOJ cost me at least: $22 each cost me at least $66 sell for $39for all three.
· Electro-optical characteristics:
· Pure White: 4500~10000K
· VF(V): 3.6
· Φv[lm]: 700 type. 900 max.
· CCT: 6300
· CRI: 70
· lF[mA]: 2800
· 2θ½[˚]: 130
Notice that the Vf is the same as Battery Vbat so you can direct drive at maximum efficiency and lumens!

Last edited:

JasonH

Enlightened
Re: FS-Tri-LED modder Kit and loose P7s

I'll take the P7's.

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take the P7's.
OK, You got dibs on them...

Remember ..."I have three spare P7 LEDs to go too, with a light or by themselves if the lights sell first without them !"

So lets see what happens with the lights, if someone takes them for mods for single die LEDs, that will free these up.

I have one R5 light, an ultra fire on a @ 26mm module that they sell on DX these days and I can tell little difference from that and my three P7 lights that use 52mm reflectors! The difference is all the P7 lumens, 3x of the R5, is a bigger flood, bigger spill, where as the former is more concentrated. So in actual use that little light is out perfoming my two mags and one ultrafire 52mm in single P7's!!!.

That R5 is a burner, three in the TM-800x3 would really stomp a single P7 light.

Hope someone wants to build a good tri something light or two. I have a P4 and Q5 on the TM 800x3 now.

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just found the pictures to add so you can see it. :twothumbs I guess there are no modders left at CPF. :mecry: Either that or too shy to negotiate value.
:shrug:​

stinky

Newly Enlightened

withdrawn

Last edited: