ABC News Releases 12 New Aerial 9/11 Images from FOI Request

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are pretty incredible shots. Thanks for the link.

The most staggering image I've see regarding 9/11 is an image that unfortunately I have not been able to find since. If anybody can find the link I'd appreciate it.

The shot was of a women calmly standing in the impact siluette of one of the airliners before the towers fell. Has haunted me for years.

sed6

Enlightened
I'm done with pics like this. What we need are pics of the beautiful, inspiring building or memorial we built in their place. Why the hell isn't that done already? There's just NO excuse for our apathy.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are pretty incredible shots. Thanks for the link.

The most staggering image I've see regarding 9/11 is an image that unfortunately I have not been able to find since. If anybody can find the link I'd appreciate it.

The shot was of a women calmly standing in the impact siluette of one of the airliners before the towers fell. Has haunted me for years.

blasterman, is this what you were looking for? I looked through my old archive...yes it's haunting. Brings a tear to your eye, even after all this time. As Lux said though, we must remember. I deliberately did not post it as an image, nor would I link to any pictures showing people being hurt, falling etc.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/97/wtcwoman.jpg

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4559/wtc1womanimpactareafulli.jpg

Last edited:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Over 8 years later and pictures like this still have the same effect-namely they bring the events of that day right back to me. I still have a few VHS tapes of live news feeds from that day which I haven't looked at in years. Hard to believe it really happened. I vividly remember going down there about two weeks later, when you could get close enough to see what was left. You could see building facades covered in dust 15 stories up. And still smell the burned flesh. Upon glancing the piles of rubble for the first time, I muttered something vaguely similar to Charleton Heston in that iconic scene at the end of the first Planet of the Apes film.

We need to remember this no matter how painful.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I've got a ton of files and video from "the day." Most impactful was that slide show video that had the mostly harp music playing ? Celine Dion -- who made the guy change the music to a less impactful tune.