Any LED light that comes close to a C3 w/ HOLA?

Drjones

Enlightened
Hi all.

I very much want a C3 w/P91 HOLA as a defensive blinding tool and for other times when such powerful light is necessary.

Is there any LED light currently on the market or planned (like the upcoming KL6, 7, 8, etc) that would even come close to the throw and impact of a C3 w/ HOLA? Oh, in the same price range as the C3 too. (~$100.)

Is it even possible for an LED to have similar performance to a C3 while maintaining approximately the same size and price?

Thanks!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
V8TOYOTATRK said:
SNII

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, based on my tests comparing the SN II with ten incandescent lights, including D3 P91, Tigerlight, Magcharger and M6.

Brightnorm

Drjones

Enlightened
Could you please tell me more about it?

Is it as durable as Surefires? Is it a quality light?

Drjones

Enlightened
Ok, so I did a quick search and found a thread that had a pic of a maglight and then some beamshots. Is the Space Needle II just a mod for a maglight?

Man, the Tigerlight seems pretty impressive too!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

However, keep in mind that I want this to be carryable. A C3 is about as large as I want to go.

So again, is there anything of comparable size to a C3 that is brighter? I do not consider a 2D maglight to be of comparable size.

Thanks!

Drjones

Enlightened
Also: I think I might be getting WAY too caught up and obsessed with having basically the sun in a stick on my belt.

I think the C3 HOLA is plenty bright for defensive blinding, doncha think?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might wanna try the M3, with the MN11 LA. It's s'pose to be whiter and slightly brighter.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Any LED light that comes close to a C3 w/ HOLA

If you confine the field to LEDs, the the SNII is the only one that comes close. The overall light output comes close to the C3 with HOLA and, in some of the brighter SNIIs, is greater. The light instensity measured in lux is far greater for the SNII because of its narrower beam.

Paul