Walk the Dog

flilow06

Newly Enlightened
For all you canine lovers out there, what do you carry on those late night dog walks?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
sometimes i wish i had to carry a light, would be a good reason to test all my new gadgets, but in my area anywhere you go there is a street light or a building, walking around with a flash light would be something odd here.

Warp

Enlightened
My EDC plus one extra. For years the EDC has consisted of a 2xCR123 sized pocket light and a variable keychain light. Currently a Quark 123-2 Tactical R5 and an iTP A3 EOS Upgrade.

The extra is currently either the Streamlight Polystinger LED C4 from my truck or my Olight M20 Warrior Premium R2. The Polystinger is nice because it puts out plenty of light, throws far and is rechargeable. I am about to purchase my first Li-Ion batteries and charger, though, including an 18650 for the M20 so it will probably become the dog walking light.

During the winter the dog doesn't get walked in the dark very much because of the cold, but in the summer that will be the routine as it will avoid the HEAT we get here in the South. Well, it will avoid some of it

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing but the best for my middle of the night dog walks.
SPY007 with the warm white light.
Not too hard on my eyes ( ie doesn't wake me up too much), and I can crank it up high if needed.

r_x

Newly Enlightened
I usually carry a Surefire 6P w/ Malkoff M60 for walking the dog at night. Plus my Nitecore D10 is always in my pocket.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
one of these...

Malkoff MD2 w/low-high ring

McLuxIII-Ti-S27-Cx2

SPY 007

M-Zeppelin MZXR-7 (overkill, I know)

-Mayo

bthrel

Newly Enlightened
I kind of rotate depending what strikes me at the moment, Fenix LD20, JetBeam RRT-0 or JetBeam RRT-2, or any others that I happen to be thinking about at the time...

Cheers

Brian

a2gtinut

Newly Enlightened
I use DBS with MC-E. I like the spil but I will switch pils and see if I like more throw during late nite walks.

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
RRT-2

Focusable for throw or spill. You can also keep it on standby mode.

Not necessary for walking, but very good for locating all the poo my dog puts out so I can pick it up. :green:

arodaz

Newly Enlightened
jet 3m with a low secondary setting,,and a little Lanshi aaa twisty as backup

The Hawk

Enlightened
River Rock 2 AA LED with tail cap clicky for one hand operation, Energizer 1 watt LED (my EDC light), pepper spray, and .40 Glock. Also carry cell phone. Have not needed all of the above but sure would feel stupid if I did and had left item at home.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey guys, i'm from Sydney in Australia. In Sydney, I've literally NEVER seen or heard of anyone taking a flashlight out while walking at night....I've been reading on this forum for a while, and I've heard from time to time about people walking their dogs with a flashlight at night. But I've always wondered.. "ain't there street lights?" So whats the deal here, how come so many people still bring their flashlights along with walking their dogs at night?

Barry

Patriot

Flashaholic
hey guys, i'm from Sydney in Australia. In Sydney, I've literally NEVER seen or heard of anyone taking a flashlight out while walking at night....I've been reading on this forum for a while, and I've heard from time to time about people walking their dogs with a flashlight at night. But I've always wondered.. "ain't there street lights?" So whats the deal here, how come so many people still bring their flashlights along with walking their dogs at night?

Barry

Street lights only illuminate the pathway but not much peripheral area to either side of the street/sidewalk. Also, steet lights only illuminate certain areas so if you make a turn to the park or go through an area without lights there is little or no ambient light. In my area, there are street lights in some places but not others, because some communities have chosen not to have street lights due to reasons light pollution. Lastly, not everyone lives in the suburbs and there are plenty of rural areas and places with undeveloped land, thankfully, therefore it's sometimes pitch black out there on a moonless night.

Many good reasons to walk with a light. :)

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore Extreme, set 50 lumen, then max when needed.
fenix LD01 on Keys.

sometimes Mag 6D and Terralux 300m when venturing a bit more out into the wilderness.

The Hawk

Enlightened
My walk starts out from our house, which has plenty of street lights as well as porch lights. However, I usually venture a few blocks away into an area that is not as developed. It is plenty dark there. Plus, I like to be able to shine a light on myself when a car is headed my way so they can see me.
Also, this is a good opportunity to test out new flashlights.