Anyone offer a repair service?

yeager2004

Newly Enlightened
Hi all

I have a Cateye el530 that I use as a backup light on my mountain bike along side by trusty Led Lenser. That was until my toddler dropped the Cateye onto the garage floor...

Unsurprisingly, it stopped working after that which I'm a bit gutted about. It's not the brightest torch by a long way but it has a great burn time and is ideal for when I'm not in total darkness and want to conserve the battery on my Led Lenser.

I hate chucking stuff out that might be repairable, so I was wondering if any of you guys offer or know of any kind of repair service – preferably in the UK. Obviously, I'd be willing to pay for your trouble and for any parts.
I can't see any obvious damage to the torch ie the switch is still fine and I can't see any damage to the case.

I don't think I can get private messages here, so if you are able to help please post a reply here or drop me a mail [email protected]

Cheers

Ade

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well I was almost tempted to say YES but there are some nmany things to consider before going further

first is the issue if it worths fixing the thing
secondly is the issue if it CAN be fixed...damage is usually structural or on the electronics. the former i do not knwo if it can in a plastic light. The latter requires electronics knowledge...so you may be helped with an electronics guy that when he will access the PCB will figure out what went off...

Sending your light away and to no result is rather premature at this moment...
you got to located the damage yourself sort of....

(do search for a troubleshooting guide in this forum)

So the process is to eliminate possible problematic areas...

Batteries
Battery Contacts
Switch & Contacts
Electronics & Contacts
LED

that guide will take you step by step on teh above....

Latest posts