Has anyone had problem's with their Solarforce

Col_Cotton_Hill

Newly Enlightened
I just got one but haven't got to try it out yet. The batteries are still charging. :popcorn:

I've read alot of good thing's about them. So. Has anyone had any problem's. I'm sure like all brand's, there has to be an issue sometime. Just wondering what, if anything you had trouble with. Thank's.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Out of the box the rev-clicky on my L2M was squeeky / creeky feeling when I pushed the button. I replaced its guts with a smoother one I had laying around.

Great light for the $$$.
dscn6035.jpg

pounder

Newly Enlightened
i'm looking at this light for work..the ebay version with the charger and rcr123 bundle..would you gusy recommend this or a romisen rc-n3 q5 or similar? looking for brightest and throw..cheers

737mech

Enlightened
Yup, the anodizing on my HAIII grey LP2 has been flaking off since I got it new a few weeks ago.

YayILikePie

Newly Enlightened
No problems with my L2R, besides being a little scuffed up from a skateboard fall. Perhaps I should've picked up the L2P instead. Ah well, I'm sure I will eventually.

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wonderful torches.

I have two (5 mode) L2s, plus a L2i single mode that now uses a 18650 cell ... At the price, there are not really any competitors ... I have a more expensive Romisen RC-C6 which is OK but I prefer the cheaper Solarforces ... I suppose that is just personal preference ... I would thoroughly recommend the Solarforces to anyone, particularly in the gorgeous sand colour as mine are ... The L2i originally used three AAA cells for those people with an aversion to, or are not happy with, Li-Ion technology.

It01Firefox

Newly Enlightened
Great lights, I have three.

One L2p with single mode R2 and 18650 that I carry in my coat pocket daily, one L2p with the Masterpieces Pro-1 head and 2x 18650 and an L2m with 3-mode R2 and AW RCR123.

They all work great and I haven't had any problems at all.

But I've only had them for about a month so no long time experiences.

Markus

RGB_LED

Enlightened
There wasn't a lot of lube on the threads so the tailcap squeaks when I remove it. That's pretty minor and I've had no real issues out-of-the-box but I did drop my L2m from a counter and it dented the edge of the bezel. Now, if I tried to take off the bezel (not that I need to), I have to fiddle with the plastic retaining ring a bit. Everything else works as expected.

Col_Cotton_Hill

Newly Enlightened
Re: Has anyone had problems with their Solarforce

Ha!

Love it. I might post this a few times as well.

Hmmm. I wonder if that was for me for using them too often, or in the wrong place. Or Kramer for not using any,,,,lol.:thinking:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmmm. I wonder if that was for me for using them too often, or in the wrong place. Or Kramer for not using any,,,,lol.:thinking:
Sorry Col. I'm a bit of a grammar nazi. It was posted because of the thread title. There was no need to add an apostrophe to "problems". There are a great deal of people on the internet that need to read that website. I liked Vesper's lack of subtlety :thumbsup:

Now... back to the topic!

Norm

Retired Administrator

Sorry Col. I'm a bit of a grammar nazi. It was posted because of the thread title. There was no need to add an apostrophe to "problems". There are a great deal of people on the internet that need to read that website. I liked Vesper's lack of subtlety :thumbsup:

Now... back to the topic!
Very hard to be picky about grammar, spelling or punctuation when we have people from non English speaking backgrounds and varying level of education. I think you're better ignoring any mistakes you see.
I for one was hopeless in English class at school. :sick2:
Norm

Cigarman

Enlightened
Just had my Masterpiece drop dead. Figured it was the switch but doing a direct wire from battery - to battery tube yielded no results. Not sure if the LED croaked since it isnt burnt looking or if its something else. Sadness. :confused: