Still Amazed after years

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
I am still amazed at the overall performance and quality of the Nighthawk Gladius 2 cell Cr123 light that I bought years ago.

It has a brighter and sharper beam than my Fenix P3D and is unusual in so many other ways.

1) It is the only light I have ever owned that is TOTALY waterproof up to a great depth. I love taking it swimming and diving.

2) It is the only light I have ever owned that has a continuously variable strength beam from about 2 lumens to well over 200.

3) It is the only light I have ever owned that remembers the exact brightness that it was last set at the last time it was used (yes an extact memory from 2 to 200+ lumens).

4) It is the only light I have ever owned that is totally controlled by a "magnetically coupled" twist switch which has no direct connection to the rest the the flashlight internals (which helps to account for it being so waterproof).

I am still amazed every time I turn it on !!!!!! I can use this light for long range beaming or for comfortably reading a book in the dark, while in bed.

It will always be a part of my collection after most of the others have gone. The only reason it isnt my ONLY light is because it's a 2 cell CR123 light and, as such, isnt truly an EDC.

> Thehappyman :):):):)

Last edited:

Scandi-Grind

Newly Enlightened
I glanced at one, thats the light blackhawk pushes right.

If I remember its big time $

Good to hear something about them

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
I glanced at one, thats the light blackhawk pushes right.

If I remember its big time $

Good to hear something about them

Yes, it wasnt cheap - but it was well worth the price. You should just see what it does to illuminate an Olympic sized swimming pool at night, under water, or for that matter how handy it is to read a book at night in bed with a focused 2 lumen beam....... It's an amazing light.

Thehappyman

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too agree with what you have to say about it. I modded mine with a neutral white seoul and it really wowed me. Original led might have been a tad bit brighter, but had a blue purple cast to it. Haven't played with it in the water though. Great light to strobe friends with when they're inebriated.

Great reflector, great interface, solid build. Got one at a significant discount to the normal price (and I believe the current going rate for them is about what I paid...I dont know).

Splunk_Au

Enlightened
The first version was 90 lumens, followed by an updted 120 lumens. I dont think there is any 200 lumens version.

Also too bad Blackhawk doesnt keep their quality consistent. The Gladius is one of the few better ones, mixed in with generic China made stuff. They even have some that are rebranded Nuwai's :p

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
When did they update to 200 lumens?

I guess they never officially updated specs to 200 Lumens but I have compared my Gladius Night Ops Light to two or three lights rated for two hundred or more lumens and the Gladius is definitley brighter !!!!!!

TheHappyman

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
The first version was 90 lumens, followed by an updted 120 lumens. I dont think there is any 200 lumens version.

Also too bad Blackhawk doesnt keep their quality consistent. The Gladius is one of the few better ones, mixed in with generic China made stuff. They even have some that are rebranded Nuwai's :p

I guess they never officially updated specs to 200 Lumens but I have compared my Gladius Night Ops Light to two or three lights rated for two hundred or more lumens and the Gladius is definitley brighter !!!!!!

Thehappyman

Latest posts