Need new light - help!

matchetman

Newly Enlightened
Bought a Dorcy 220 LED several months ago. Wanted a rechargable, bright light for hunting use. Well, after getting the light, was tickled to death with the cost vs performance. That is, until i got it wet. Long story short, game over for the Dorcy. Now, I need/want another light with the same brightness but more with ruggedness - meaning at a minimum being waterproof. Can you guys provide any suggestions? Want a good, bright light (200 lumen minimum) without breaking the bank.

Thought I had found a super light, but in all honesty, if a light isnt waterproof, it really isnt much.... Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Blackbeard

Enlightened
I just got the fenix TK11, Awesome light that meets your criteria, was $54 on amazon, but price went back up.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
have a look at the Eagletac, there are some great lights just coming out 380 lumens out the front, these are on my wishlist.

Also if you want a small pocketable CR123 have a look at the Nitecore Extreme, 200 lumens max.

Or you could spend about double those 2 lights and get Novatac and upgrade the emitter to a K2, one of the most rugged lights made alongside HDS/RA.

Lots of options, take your time reading and researching and you will find a great torch.

matchetman

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the replies guys. as far as more detail on what i'm looking, $100 max, preferrably rechargable, and the more throw the better (think i used this term correctly - basically, i want to be able to use it like a spotlight when running a boat before light if needed - my dorcy did this well before it went swimming..)

jugornot

Newly Enlightened
Only 150 lumen but the TK20 is a tank. I have several lights The tk20 is one of my favorites, but it is mainly a thrower. If I had to pick a light as a survival light this is it. Pick up some eneloops and charger and you are set. It has some good heft to it.