Best rechargable Thrower for under $100?

bnemmie

Enlightened
Its not under $100 bucks (about $150), but I have a Pelican 8060 on order that should be in soon. 200 lumens, 6hour runtime, able to run off 'C' batts, and from the beamshots ive seen on CPF its a damn good thrower with good spill.
If not that i have an Invoa T4MP that works really well. I use it on my boat for picking out dayboards at night. Cool part about that one is that is also has high and low settings. and strobe function if you need it.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

swsccassidy

Newly Enlightened
How much distance are you looking to get out of your thrower? And do you prefer hand held (traditional light) or a spotlight? I'm really happy with my Dorcy 41-4299. It can be had for around $50 shipped, and if you order from dorcydirect.com you can order spare batteries for about $6 a piece. It's 220 lumens, but you'll have a hard time discerning between 200 and 250 lumens during actual use. I've had mine since August of last year, I use it almost every night. I usually let it run for a little over an hour before I recharge it. It can run for significantly longer than that, but dims quite quickly after the hour mark. I've got an extra battery that I keep charged too, add that with the house and car charger, I can keep cycling out batteries for as long as I need the light. The only downside is the NiCad batteries, but as long as you try and discharge them as much as possible before recharging, you'll be just fine. And at $6 a battery that, if abused and recharged constantly, will still last at least a year, big deal. When it's completely dark, I can clearly make things out at 200+ yards.

I'm sure somebody else will chime in here and give some other suggestions, but <$75 for the light, house and car charger, 2 extra batteries, and a UCL lens from here (52mm) http://www.flashlightlens.com/str/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=ucl_lens that's hard to beat. You can even just get the light as is and be fine, but since you said $100, why not spend the extra $25 on a maratac AAA or an itp a3 eos???
evilgrin07.gif

matchetman

Newly Enlightened
looking for a traditional handheld that'll get me atleast 200 yards.

funny you mention the dorcy. that is actually what i am replacing. loved that light the 4-5 months i had it. got it damp and dead it went... really kinda bothers me as i really like the light, but wanting it for hunting purposes, not being waterproof (or even water resistant for that matter) just doesnt cut it. Not sure i'd buy another. Wrote Dorcy, but havent heard back from them.

THanks for the replies - gonna reseach what you guys suggested.

swsccassidy

Newly Enlightened
Well isn't that ironic! Ya, I've had great luck with it, but because of the charging port and the way it's designed, there's no way it comes out anywhere near water. Personally, I think that the charging port is the biggest flaw.

Theres been a couple of suggestions for eagletac, have you looked at the m2c4? I've had great luck with eagletac as well, I've got the p100a2 and it's held up with the best of them. Water certainly isn't a problem with the p100a2, I can't vouch personally for the m2c4, but I don't see why the quality would be any different. Like HSG suggested, the t20c2 mkII looks just as nice, and it would be a little bit cheaper to feed with only 2 123's as opposed to 4 with the m2c4. This place has a filter kit with red, blue, and green filters for only $10 more, the blue could come in handy with tracking and the red for preserving night vision and not spooking the critters http://www.eagletac-usa.com/products/product.aspx?pid=1-3-6861 Still under $100! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just about any large head single die XR-E will get you that 200 yards .
Or what they call throwers .

My 200Lumen Spear clone will throw 300Yards .
But dont confuse throw with output ..

matchetman

Newly Enlightened
that eagletac t20c2 looks sweet, but does it allow the use of rechargable batts, or just the cr123's? my surefire g2 uses them, and i love it, but there is something to be said about "free light"...