SHOE light?

Magnumpy

Newly Enlightened
is there any such thing made? you might have seen childs shoes with little LEDs that blink when you walk, it's something only for show and doesn't provide any useful light at all. I did search CPF and Google separately but most of what I found were the childrens LED shoes. these aren't bright enough and they don't come in sizes for an adult man. I also found glow-in-the-dark shoelaces which is a start, but I need at least 100 lumens per foot. then I found these glove lights, but I'm skeptical of the claimed 10,000 lumen light output from watch batteries.

I wasn't quite sure where to post this so mods feel free to move it, or better yet start up a dedicated forum for quality shoe light discussion and debate.

e-ville

Newly Enlightened
im not trying to go off topic here but wouldnt a headlight or even a light in say the nite ize holster rotated forward be more useful?

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know why you would need a shoelight, but I remember I had those light shoes as a kid and you could actually remove the light from the shoe and use it as a little flashlight which was pretty neat.

I think the responsibility is up to you to mod up some nice led loafers, don't forget to take pics!

Bonus points if you can make the batteries recharge by walking.

e-ville

Newly Enlightened
hahaha i had those shoes too and i got in trouble at school for taking the light out.

they had the stupid key you had to use to get them out

kyamei

Newly Enlightened
Shoe-lights sound like they would go well with shoe-mirrors and shoe-cameras. :sssh:

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
Perhaps you could just get a couple of headlamps, shorten the head straps, and wear them around your ankles?
:crackup:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you will find the output is a written mistake and using that much light on an engine would hinder you rather than help you,imagine that reflecting off some polished engine parts.

milkshake

Newly Enlightened
my friend who is a dj has a pair of led shoes where the soul of the shoe lights up white. he said they took a 9 volt battery in them. i tried to get him to tell me where he got them but he wouldnt. not much help here but i do know their out there. i just realized you wanted 100 lumens per foot. these where only lined with 5mm leds but they were bright enoungh to walk around in the dark with

Last edited:

Magnumpy

Newly Enlightened
on further thought a glove light would be much more useful than a shoe light. I do find headlamps useful quite often, my problem is that in cases where space is extremely limited and your hands need to be on the subject they can cast a shadow blocking the relevant bits from receiving light. it's too bad the glove light is a product category that's sorely under-served. what little is there is complete junk.

optodoofus

Newly Enlightened
I believe Al Bundy invented the Shoe Lights on an episode of Married with Children. :crackup:

Of course, the battery technology he used was a bit oversized.

(He also invented the Shoe-per Scoopers as well. He was truly ahead of his time.)

optodoofus

blub

Enlightened
I believe Al Bundy invented the Shoe Lights on an episode of Married with Children. :crackup:

Of course, the battery technology he used was a bit oversized.

(He also invented the Shoe-per Scoopers as well. He was truly ahead of his time.)

optodoofus

+1 Loved that episode.:crackup:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they make the common mistake of NOT writing that the life of the led is 10,000 hours or so