Surefire L1 Lumamax

Old Farmer

Newly Enlightened
Does this light get brighter, when you screw the end of the light all the way in? I have not used it in awhile, but I thought it use to. Also, do they make a clicky tail end for it? That is the only thing I do not like about it.

SUREFIRED

Enlightened
Does this light get brighter, when you screw the end of the light all the way in? I have not used it in awhile, but I thought it use to. Also, do they make a clicky tail end for it? That is the only thing I do not like about it.

Yes, and no. The tail twists into low with a slight turn, then high with another turn. This is the only tailcap available for the L1.

Mike

Old Farmer

Newly Enlightened
Guess I will have to send it in to Surefire. It does not get nay brighter, when you screw the cap in all the way.

vtunderground

Enlightened
Yeah, if the battery has gotten low you can lose the high level.

If you don't like the switch, you could sell the light on the CPF Marketplace & put the money towards a new Surefire E1B.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you press in on your tailcap and get the low mode, are you able to get to the high mode by pressing further? If no, then definitely try a new battery as others have stated. If yes, give SF a call as it sounds like your tailcap is defective.

-Robert

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, try cleaning the threads first, if too much gunk has built up, its can affect the way it operates

Crenshaw