Tomahawk GP opinions

pullnshoot25

Newly Enlightened
Hey all, first time poster and short time lurker, just trying to get some info on purchasing a good light (and hopefully selling one of my lights so I can purchase that good light :) ). I have kind of had my eye on a Tomahawk GP for a while as an EDC that can be used in conjunction with a firearm, should that need arise out of necessity or recreation.

I know there is one review of the Tomahawk GP on the net (I think it is a CPF review too) and the initial results were pretty good but I have not seen any other opinions on this particular flashlight.

Here is what I would like to know...

1) Is this light a good EDC light?
2) Could this light be effectively used in conjunction with a rifle? I know with pistols it works fine, but I do small game hunting with a pellet rifle and I may be doing simulated night-time shoots as well.
3) If this light is not a particularly good choice, what do you guys recommend?

Any help is appreciated and I hope this starts another collecting bug :)

-N8

artdeg

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased one from Lighthound.com (it is on sale) to walk my dog. It has great throw and flood to fit my needs. I have not tried it as a weapon light but is was designed for LEO's and military applications.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought there used to be a xenon version of these awhile back? Looks like they are all LED now, unless they always have been. I would say the LED is probably pretty outdated and blue, so I'd wonder how easy they are to mod. I have always found the light interesting.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are SSC P4. Not blue but a little cool. I had one but didn't keep it too long but now want another. Go figure. Very nice light and seems to be of high quality. I just generally prefer a stippled reflector rather than the smooth. I don't know how it is with a weapon but if you plan on pocket carrying the light it is too big (the head is too wide). Wearing it on your belt or in a jacket pocket or pack is fine.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, wearing it on a belt or shoulder harness is why I liked the look of it. Kind of a neat style of light too, ergonomic like the old school 2D military flashlights with the angled heads.

fasuto

Enlightened
I have a Tomahawk MC. It's very small being a two batteries light. Is a good EDC if you plan to carry on belt, but not confortable for pocket as other smaller EDC lights. I'm happy with mine, good and original product.