Elektrolumens EDC-MCE

uknewbie

Banned
Hi All,

I am thinking of buying an Elektrolumens EDC-MCE. As far as I have read over in that forum, all of the stuff Wayne does is of super quality, and this light seems so.

Search as I may though, I can't find an actual review, beamshots etc.

Are there any? I know lots of you guys must have one of these lights :whistle:

It seems good value to me too at the price. I do want a floody light which I understand this is.

Pictures anyone?

Many thanks,
Craig.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered an EDC-MCE two days ago without having seen beamshot, would be nice to have some as an appetizer of course! :party:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a beamshot here, near the top.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=200036&page=4

The EDC is a very bright light. It's pure flood, but due to the sheer volume of light it puts out will still light up objects at a distance that most of my smaller lights will with their hotspot.

It will pretty much light up my whole backyard at once. It is a little heavy due to the massive copper heatsink in it, which is necessary for something that generates this much light, but it can run continuously and only get warm. It's about the same length as a Surefire 6P, but a little wider, and about 2 to 3 times heavier.

I think you'll find it to be the best area lighting device you've ever seen.

jblackwood

Enlightened
If you're looking for a wall of white, this is it. It doesn't throw very much at all, though. I'm no good at beamshots, but basically when you turn it on, you'll have light at your feet and out in front of you, just not very far out. If you want a thrower, try one of the Dereelight DBS lights loaded with an MC-E pill. Don't expect more than a disk up close, though. That disc of light stays bright extremely far, I'd say farther than most P60-sized throwers. Don't expect good throw out of ANY MC-E pill, the EDC-MCE isn't about throw anyways. It really puts out an impressive profile and amount of light. :thumbsup:

uknewbie

Banned
Thanks for the replies so far. I know this is pretty much all flood, which is fine.

Just trying to get an idea of scale. I had seen that one beamshot before, so looks like it will go a fair distance just because of the amount of light.

Would be good to see more pictures like that, with distances, or even shots of the light itself, which are quite scarce.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the reasons there are no reviews yet of the EDC-MCE is because he was building EDC-P7 before. The EDC-P7 have a different reflector so you can not use EDC-P7 beamshots for comparison.

2 things you should look out for.
1) The little light runs hot.
2) There is no retaining ring to hold the bits in the tailcap (button, spring) together so they tend to fall out when you change batteries. You have to be careful.

L to R: Shining beam L mini, Dereelight CL1H v4, MTE P7, Elektrolumens EDC P7, common 2AA flashlight, Fenix L1T v2, L0D CE. Mag 2C and Apple keyboard behind.
EDCP7size.jpg

The EDC fits Nite-ize Mini poc-kets.
EDCP7holsterNiteIze.jpg

The EDC fits DX big holster.
EDCP7holsterDX.jpg

-

Elektrolumens built me a 3C Mag P7 which I find more useful than my EDC-P7 for about $10 more. He will custom build 3D MCE if he has time, you will have to e-mail him. (And post here
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=203104
His spam filter is very aggressive)

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if he can make custom clear ano ones?
I might grab one of these since 4sevens is taking so long with
the maelstroms. its a GREAT deal for a custom light!
Id use mine on my bike sometimes and the flood would be
perfect I think for DH MTB trails.
I really like the raw or natural...
strange there's no detailed reviews floating around.
maybe since the mce version is newish.
koool lights for sure!
:twothumbs

uknewbie

Banned
Thanks for the replies. Don't think Wayne does drop ins for Mags any more, I have emailed him before about this. He may still supply custom mags.

The heat does not bother me as long as it can still be held. My ROP gets crazy hot quite quickly but only the head. Will probably only be used in short bursts.

Wayne is using aluminium heatsinks now in this model, which are screwed in for easy removal, so weight should be down a bit.

I know a few people have bought this latest model, would be interesting to get some pictures from them and maybe a review...

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am waiting to get a sample of this EDC-MC-E to test for real OTF lumens using an IMR 18650 and AW 2600mAh cell:thumbsup:

uknewbie

Banned
I am waiting to get a sample of this EDC-MC-E to test for real OTF lumens using an IMR 18650 and AW 2600mAh cell:thumbsup:

Now that will be interesting :thumbsup:

Maybe while you have it you could post pictures, beamshots etc... :poke:

:D

:whistle:

XXXFlasher

Newly Enlightened
Hey I have the P7 edc fro Elektrolumens, I have about 1-2 hours on it. I basically don't use it, if you are interested in it, let me know.
I moved on to the Catapult, UltraFire Wl 1300, and the new Olight SR90. They are bigger and much more money!
I paid 130.00 for my EDC, I would make a deal if interested.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey I have the P7 edc fro Elektrolumens, I have about 1-2 hours on it. I basically don't use it, if you are interested in it, let me know.
I moved on to the Catapult, UltraFire Wl 1300, and the new Olight SR90. They are bigger and much more money!
I paid 130.00 for my EDC, I would make a deal if interested.

I would be interested in it so I can test the out the front lumens on it:thumbsup:

Then when Wayne ships out the EDC-MC-E I can compare the two against each other with beamshoots and OTF numbers of course.

What is the current at the tail with your EDC-P7?
Does it have a cooper or aluminum heatsink?

Thanks,
bigC

recDNA

Flashaholic
"2) There is no retaining ring to hold the bits in the tailcap (button, spring) together so they tend to fall out when you change batteries. You have to be careful."

This would rule out the light for me. I'm surprised anybody would tolerate it???

uknewbie

Banned
Yeah the issue of the button falling out does seem odd. I wonder if this is the case with the latest ones? All the more reason a full review would be good.

Xxxflasher I am looking for a total flood with a flawless beam dont think the p7 version is what I want? That said if you could pm me details and a price I might be tempted or know someone who would be.

XXXFlasher

Newly Enlightened
I would be interested in it so I can test the out the front lumens on it:thumbsup:

Then when Wayne ships out the EDC-MC-E I can compare the two against each other with beamshoots and OTF numbers of course.

What is the current at the tail with your EDC-P7?
Does it have a cooper or aluminum heatsink?

Thanks,
bigC

Hey I will check tonight, I want to say ALUMINUM, but I want to be sure. I will be back on in a few hours. I am looking to sell this light. There is nothing wrong. I am just hooked on 1000 lumens and up.
This light is pure spill by the way...

XXXFlasher

Newly Enlightened
Sure thing, and you mightbe right, I would not call it a flawless beam, it is very nice, but flawless??
PM coming

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
"2) There is no retaining ring to hold the bits in the tailcap (button, spring) together so they tend to fall out when you change batteries. You have to be careful."

This would rule out the light for me. I'm surprised anybody would tolerate it???
It is not a problem as long as you are aware of it. Just remember to hold the the tailcap tail end down.