Where can I find a nice reflector like this?

zmoz

Enlightened
I want to make myself something like this, only a little bit cheaper with "fake" HID bulbs like these. Anybody have any thoughts for what I could use as a reflector?

Inverse Square

Newly Enlightened
How about using a PIAA or Hella driving lamp (not fog lamp!) and forget about the fake HID bulbs? Just use a Euro-spec H4 or H3 bulb. The box used for the lamp in your post looks to be a repainted ammo can.

RobD

Newly Enlightened
Maybe the company will sell you one out of their parts bin. I'm sure they must stock parts for their customers.

zmoz

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Inverse Square said:
How about using a PIAA or Hella driving lamp (not fog lamp!) and forget about the fake HID bulbs? Just use a Euro-spec H4 or H3 bulb. The box used for the lamp in your post looks to be a repainted ammo can.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would...but it just so happens that I'm a cheap *******. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RobD said:
Maybe the company will sell you one out of their parts bin. I'm sure they must stock parts for their customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is probably doubtful. Judging by the quality of that website and the price tag of the light, I doubt very seriously they sell very many - if any at all. It's a nice light...but $800, and "custom made" up to 6 weeks?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
neat. You could get any decent brand driving light. The bigger the reflector the better. I had some 3.5" ones that had a deep parabolic and H3 55w bulbs in them but I sold them. You could put 100W H3 bulb in them no problem as they were all metal and glass- no worries about heat.