Newbie needs EDC help

Clay H.

Newly Enlightened
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm in need of a new EDC light, and as I am fairly new to this sort of thing, I'd like some help if possible.

I've shopped around and read lots of reviews, but I'm sure that I've missed a lot out of ignorance.

Here is what I need -

LED, the brighter the better
Size - between 3.6 to 4.5 inches
Capable of being used as a striking tool, i.e. kubotan
Forward clicky "tactical" switch
A low profile clip would be great

Basically I will be carrying this light in my back pocket alongside my wallet, and it's two uses are utility and self defense as a light for target I.D. and a deterrent.

I do not need any fancy features or modes. High and low beam is good enough for me. I've been using a Surefire 6P for about fifteen years.

I need something smaller than my Surefire 6PLED and my Jetbeam Jet-IIIM, and more pocket friendly and brighter than my Surefire E2D.

I've looked at the Surefire E1B, Nitecore Defender Infinity (still available?), Quark 123-2 and AA Tactical (out of stock until March), and the OLight I10.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Clay

cistallus

Enlightened
Some to consider that meet your length and clip needs, but I don't know about "kubotan" aspect; but leaving out budget lights: Nitecore Extreme; Jetbeam RRT-0; HDS RA Clicky Executive (and others); Jetbeam Jet-1 Pro (but it may have reverse clicky); Surefire E1B; Photon Pro (but has side button).

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
When I started reading your post I immediately thought of the Ra Clicky, but when you said that you wanted to put it in your back pocket next to your wallet, which requires that it be slim, coupled with your other requirements, I can only think of the NDI.

carrot

Flashaholic
I am a huge fan of the 2x123 form factor. The Quark Tactical would certainly meet your needs. The pocket clip is also quite good on the Quark 123^2.

tucolino

Newly Enlightened
i would also suggest the jetbeam rrt-0.

i red somewhere that you can use the ss bezel to break a car window in case of accident,so maybe you can use for self defense