Fenix TK30 double extension?

tsmccull

Newly Enlightened
Have been thinking of adding a 2nd extension to a TK30 light and running it off 3 18670 cells. Since the head is advertised as operating from 3V to 12V, seems like that would be workable since the 3 cells in series should end up right around 12V max. The idea, of course, is to increase the run time, not make the light brighter. Any reason why this wouldn't work?

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess it would work. Actually I had the same thought of adding another extension to my TK30 for use with 4AA cells.
I hope it's possible to buy only the extension tube.

Regards, Patric

HKJ

Flashaholic
Have been thinking of adding a 2nd extension to a TK30 light and running it off 3 18670 cells. Since the head is advertised as operating from 3V to 12V, seems like that would be workable since the 3 cells in series should end up right around 12V max. The idea, of course, is to increase the run time, not make the light brighter. Any reason why this wouldn't work?

TK30 does not work perfect on 12 volt, it looses the low mode.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck. When you add two 1AA extensions to a Derelight Javelin 2AA, you get a body that's too short for four AAs. And a 3x18650 FiveMega is about 6 to 8mm too long for four AAs; you must improvise by adding a suitable spacer.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
3CR123 are only ca 1mm longer than 2AA. Therefore I think 4AA will work with TK30 and doubled extensions, because it will fit 6CR123.

Regards, Patric