I got someone to drink the flashoholic Kool Aid today

curtispdx

Enlightened
Okay, maybe it just a little sip:

I was trying to show a new guy the difference between a Solarforce reverse clicky and Surefire forward clicky in his 6P so I handed him my SST-90/18650 IMR combo so he could see what a forward clicky was.

He was blown away and wouldn't stop talking about it for the rest of the day.

He wanted to know where to buy one so I had to explain that I got various parts to put it together so now he wants me to "build" him one. I hinted to him that it wouldn't be cheap but he was unfazed. I'll probably just sell him that one...

Last edited:

2Reason

Newly Enlightened
So my paranoia is well founded... there is a grand conspiracy to hook me on all things flashoholic... six lights after one month on this Forum lovecpf

Maybe I need an intervention... ::sick2:

No, no, I can handle it, I'll just taper off a bit... ::shakehead:

So what's this SST-90/18650 IMR combo and how do I get one? :D

curtispdx

Enlightened
Approximately how bright is that bad boy?

I don't have any hard numbers to give to you. It's a nailbender and, to my eyes, it was comparable in output to a Malkoff MCE, if that helps.

I think he was so impressed because he was comparing it to his 6P incan.

By the way, I let him take it home last night so he could try it out. I asked him this morning if he still wanted it and he already had stopped by an ATM to get the money. Cool. (I need the money to buy a new rifle...)

I sent my TK40 home with a couple coworkers, one night each, to play with at home and try out in the dark since a fully lit office is not the best place to get the full effect. One came back the next day (knowing the cost) and said "I'm buying that". The other wants to buy it also; I expect him to get one within the next month if he can fight it that long.

186kmps

Newly Enlightened
Awesome! I still cannot get any of my buddies into our hobby. They think I am nuts spending $$$$ on my lights. Good job.

sylathnie

Enlightened
I keep a Quark 123 around to loan out to folks who express interest. It's a great light for converting others to the light side.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
so far, a sercurity guard friend at work purchased a pelican 7060, after i showed up to work with my olight m20. and now he keeps telling me about this streamlight LED he wants.

convinced another mechanic, and close friend to purchase a jetbeam M1X, hes on vacation out of the country, and i cant wait to see it in action.

convinced another mechanic to purchase a romisen rc-n3 ll NW from shiningbeam. (he wanted a quark like mine, but wasnt prepare to spend the cash for it).

sold my olight M20 to another co-worker, whom is extremely satisfied with it.

and have recommended the quark AA2 to a few other guys on the airport after they asked me, and showed an interest when im using my quark 123-2 R5.

my best friend whom is an air-soft addict. im going to give him a nice light that he can attach to his guns. along with about 10x cr123a to get him started. hopefully he will enjoy it and become enlighten about a world beyond maglites.

LightChaser

Newly Enlightened
The security (at least those present in the security office at the time) in our village were so impressed with my LD10 and little E01 that they asked me to look for lights to replace their duty units.

Unfortunately, they've got such a tiny budget that I don't know if I can find anything anybody around here would consider a decent light. Then again, looking at their current duty lights (which I can't even identify), any half-decent light would be an improvement.

Latest posts