Help with the C2H Clicky

AlphaZen

Enlightened
I have one ordered and would like to know what your thoughts or impressions are of this light. :thanks:

Last edited:

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
Re: Does anyone have a Dereelight C2H XP-G?

Craig at LumensReview has reviewed one here

That might be what you're looking for?

AlphaZen

Enlightened

Thanks, SuperTrouper. I have read that review and it was quite helpful. I guess being excited about one on the way made me want to hear more feedback on the light - especially the xp-g version. I have also read selfbuilt's review. Just looking for general impressions of the light to hold me over till it gets here.:D

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have the exact type that has been tested by Lumensreview i.e. R2 WD. You can see in the second picture the type of LED written in ink on the inner padding of the box.

4iztwg.jpg

I am very happy both with the tint and with the amount of light put out by this small flashlight. The only problem is the heat: with an RCR123 if you leave the C2H at high level in candle mode on a table the thermal protection will switch it off in less than 10 minutes with a head temp of nearly 50°C. There's no way you can test the runtime without some cooling and in my experience holding it in your hand is not always enough.

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened

I have the XPG version, love it. Deree doesn't get much hype or excitment as other brands, but their design is solid and their components are high quality.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got the C2H XP-G, nice little light. Compared with the XR-E R2 version you get a better quality beam with the XP-G, and it should have more total light output. It comes with the AA adapter too, so you can run 1xAA, 1x14500, 1xCR123, 1xR123.

It's a forward clicky for the UI. The clip is great.

AlphaZen

Enlightened

Thank you guys. The excitement is building.

How is the feel of the clicky? In csshih's review he said he had problems activating it.

recDNA

Flashaholic

I love their XP-G drop in. Not a hint of green in mine. Much brighter than Quark.

timbo114

Enlightened

I have the C2H XP-G R5 2S WG tint.
VERY nice white blast of light - a good bit whiter and brighter than my my TiQuark.
I absolutely love this light - YOU will as well. :thumbsup:

I like it enough that I'll probably order a Javelin now too.

AlphaZen

Enlightened
Problem with the C2H Clicky

I received my light yesterday and pretty much love everything about it. I am planning on doing a mini review shortly, but was hoping to sort something out first. As csshih pointed out in his review, the clicky is very hard to operate. VERY hard to operate.

Is there a way to make these things easier to press? Any solutions would be welcomed.

I edited the title to reflect this new question.

Last edited:

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
Why is it hard to operate? I think mine is fine.

I did slightly modify it to make it more responsive. I got those round foam black pads you can put under furniture, shelves, etc. They are a couple millimeters thick, and I cut a small circle off of one. Then took out the tail switch, peeled off the self-adhesive on the back, and stuck it to the tailswitch.

This way the tail switch needs to travel less before the light is turned on. I do this for a lot of lights.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know what the runtimes on high and medium in this (newer?) 3-level version of the C2H are like on a primary?

I think I've read selfbuilt's review on an earlier version, and the review over at lightreviews.com, and the runtimes seemed pretty (surprisingly) short.

The light that's out now, with the warm tint and the 3 levels, seems very appealing. What is the quality like on these small Dereelights? I've never owned one, but have heard good things about them. If I get the Javelin later, which is likely, the ability to use the C2H body and CR123 with the Dereelight Javelin head and pill is very interesting.

Honestly, I was going to pull the trigger on a very different light, a NovaTac 85-T, since the price is right and it's by all accounts, a good light. But now that I've rediscovered the C2H, I'm thinking this might be a better choice for me, with a warm tint, and lego options with the Javelin. Any thoughts from those of you who own both?

Last edited:

jblackwood

Enlightened

I have the XPG version, love it. Deree doesn't get much hype or excitment as other brands, but their design is solid and their components are high quality.

I've always theorized the reason they don't get much love here is because we, those of us who buy Dereelights, are content to wait for the upgraded pills instead of getting a whole new light, like most of the flashlight community. Modular design is a big thing in Dereelights. Not to say they're the only ones who do it, but they're the only ones who design EVERY SINGLE light to be upgradable. Even Gene Malkoff doesn't do that, though the P60 design certainly is in full force in his line of flashlights, the larger caliber lights aren't as upgradable as, say, the DBS's are. I might just have to pick up an XP-G pill for my C2H. It's a great little light and my go-to light when I don't want to risk losing my Lunasol 20 but still want lots of power in my pocket!

Rock on, Deree!

AlphaZen

Enlightened
Why is it hard to operate? I think mine is fine..
I had to use the very tip of my thumb, and then still it would slip out of my hand because of the pressure required. Too recessed and too stiff.

I did slightly modify it to make it more responsive. I got those round foam black pads you can put under furniture, shelves, etc. They are a couple millimeters thick, and I cut a small circle off of one. Then took out the tail switch, peeled off the self-adhesive on the back, and stuck it to the tailswitch.

This way the tail switch needs to travel less before the light is turned on. I do this for a lot of lights.
Thank you so much for this solution.:bow: It is working beautifully now. Slight wobble during the tailstand, but worth it for an easy clicky. This is a VERY NICE light!

timbo114

Enlightened
THIS is the reason for the difficult clickys .....
DSCF2814.jpg

OEM boot has no nipple, thus creating a deeper contact point with the switch.
I used a new boot and trimmed the full size nipple to about 60% - now I have a PERFECT switch mechanism, and still a 100% solid tail stand.

Dereelight makes 100% high quality lights!
I'll buy the Javelin XP-G R5 next.

Last edited: