question about fenix tk30

dimkrom

Newly Enlightened
hello.
i just bought fenix tk30 flashlight
My question is what the "battery positive connector" which is included inside the pachage is for. I read the manual and it didn't mentioned anything

one other thing i want to ask is i read somewhere here at the forum that i can't use rechageable cr123 batteries, because they have higher voltage, if i use 2 rechargeable cr123 then should i have the 630 lumens output or the voltage is higher than primary cr123 but not enough for 630 lumens output?

and tell me please if possible what other rechargeable batteries can i use. and a trusted online site for order the batteries.

thanks.

dwminer

Enlightened
The battery positive connector is magnetic and fits between the batteries when both 18650 are used in the tube to make a better connection between the batteries. If you look at the 18650 battery, both ends are kind of flat and this (battery positive connector) makes the connection a little more positive.

As to your second question, I don't know.
As to your third question I use the Li-ion 18650 .
As to your forth question, perhaps some of the members in this forum can help you with sales in Europe
Dave

Last edited:

CM2010

Enlightened
I just got my TK30 today running on 2 AW 18650`s,do i need the positive battery connector fitted as it seems to be ok without it?

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
hello.
i just bought fenix tk30 flashlight
My question is what the "battery positive connector" which is included inside the pachage is for. I read the manual and it didn't mentioned anything
It is for connecting the positive and negative contacts of two "flat top" 18650's. They are called "flat tops" because the positive contact is flush with the top of the cell, not protruding above it, as with most other cells.
one other thing i want to ask is i read somewhere here at the forum that i can't use rechageable cr123 batteries, because they have higher voltage,
Yes, this is correct. Reachargable Lithium (Li-ion) cells have a voltage of 3.6/7 volts nominally, but when fully charged, are closer to 4.2/3 volts. Using 4 RCR123/16340 would result in a 16.8+ voltage. This would possibly damage the driver, and ruin the light.
if i use 2 rechargeable cr123
NO, NO, NO!!! YOU NEVER MIX BATTERY TYPES/CHEMISTRIES, ESPECIALLY WHERE LI-ION BATTERIES ARE CONCERNED!!! THE DIFFERENCES IN VOLTAGE, CURRENT DRAW, ETC WILL MOST LIKELY RESULT IN A "VENTING" EPISODE OF ONE OR MORE BATTERIES.
then should i have the 630 lumens output or the voltage is higher than primary cr123 but not enough for 630 lumens output?

and tell me please if possible what other rechargeable batteries can i use. and a trusted online site for order the batteries.

thanks.