MY light was a hugh help to me

corvettesR1

Enlightened
Hey , I just thought id let everyone know that my light really was a hugh help to me last night . I dont know who here drives a truck but I happen to drive a salt spreader for snow and ice storms.

Last night ,sure enough I got called and we dont always get into the same truck . These trucks have PTO, spinner rate and feed rate controls as well as switches for spreader lights,beacon lights,plow lights, controls for the plow it self and more.

Some times there is no interior light to let you see whats going on and many of the controls are not illuminated.

I had my light and boy, what a joy it was to have . Now I could quickly see what was what . Bringing a light with me on the night jobs is really paying off big time .I bring the one that has green as well and white light . the green is great for retaining night vision .Its a joy to have that along when needed.I dont know about you but Im ready for Spring time .

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
We Salute you Snow Warrior.....I too have had enough winter for this year. Any other night shift drivers flashaholics too?

The Hawk

Enlightened
Although I am not a night shift driver, I do EDC a couple flashlights. A few weeks ago my wife and I went out for dinner and the electricity went out while we were dining. It sure was nice to have a flashlight and to know that I had one for her too if needed. The electricity came back on after a couple minutes. It was good to see several other folks had already pulled their flashlights out.
I wondered if any of them visit CPF?
I have had enough snow as well. The snow plow drivers here have done a great job.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
It's always good to hear of real world situations like yours conquered by a good light. Thanks for letting us armchair commandos here know about your victory. It helps us all justify carrying all these lights.

And thanks for keeping the roads safe.

Geoff