Differences between early Arc AAA LE and current?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own an early version of the Arc AAA LE. Not sure which one but think it is 1.x. It has served me faithfully and although I have since bought many as gifts have not considered replacing this one. I'm wondering though whether it be the regular or LE version, are the newer Arc AAA's significantly brighter and/or offer a flatter discharge? Whether it be via better circuitry or LEDs? Just wondering as that would be the only reason I would consider replacing this one but I have had this one I think for the better part of two years now.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i do recall some improvements in the regulator being made but i can't be sure, sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

hideo

Enlightened
geepondy:

my two LEs are early as well, I think and are not brighter than the current standard AAAs I just got, though I think the newer polished reflectors contribute to that--they are definitely warmer than the two newer standards I have (and my understanding is that the newer ones have slightly higher output .... Peter?

the tradeoff for the higher polish on the new reflectors is it definitely seems to kick up the beam artifacts BTW

hideo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts