LD20 Stress test?

mattmga

Newly Enlightened
First of all, I might as well say I'm new to the forums. I've been reading here for about a week straight now and decided to finally sign up both because I plan to visit here with frequency in the future, and wanted to ask this question.

Does anyone know of any stress/abuse tests that have been done on the Fenix LD20? I know of some done on the L2D but I haven't been able to find any for the LD20 after hours of searching.

I already have the LD20 in my possession, and this is more a matter of curiosity than whether or not to buy it, as it sold itself on sheer quality alone through reviews both here and elsewhere, and already it's lived up to that standard for me.

Matt

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to a great and noble interest in all things illuminating.

Don't know about the LD20, but cpf'er aussiebob did an unbelievable TK40 torture test. I'd say being from Fenix, the LD20 should be just as tough. Even if not, you're NEVER going to do to a light what he did. Not even close.

Last edited:

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll say that my LD20 feels very solid in the hand. Not on theorder of a Surefire, or an HDS light, but still very well made, and pretty durable for most tasks. I've dropped mine on concrete, asphalt, gravel, dirt, mud and in water, more times than I care to remember, and it has held up very well indeed.

Nick00

Newly Enlightened
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm new to the forum and just got an LD20 r5. I took it with me on a midnight Stand-Up-Paddle outing with some friends to help light the way. I dropped it in the sand in knee-deep salt water and nothing happened at all. Then on the way back home, I dropped it again and tried to "break the fall" with my foot but ended up kicking it across the pavement. Just a couple minor scratches. Still works amazing. Very tough in my opinion.