Does anyone know of a Christian forum that is

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
anywhere near as good as our beloved Candle Power Forums? I've done some searching, but have not found anything even remotely similar. Any leads?
TIA

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Stainless said:
anywhere near as good as our beloved Candle Power Forums? I've done some searching, but have not found anything even remotely similar. Any leads?
TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

Stainless,

Sorry that I can't help you in your quest, but I think a religious forum is fundamentally different from CPF because it concerns a major life/lifestyle choice that is often the critical "pillar" of a person's existance, his very being. That intense commitment may become like a fixed focus lens through which the devotee views the world, with the advantages and disadvantages often conferred by a circumscribed view.

CPF is essentially a hobby forum but a very unusual one. For some reason which I can't really figure out CPF seems to have attracted an uncommonly decent, pleasant, intelligent, knowledgeable and generous group of folks. I don't fully understand it but like you I feel fortunate to have found it.

Love your sig line!

Brightnorm

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
"CPF is essentially a hobby forum but a very unusual one. For some reason which I can't really figure out CPF seems to have attracted an uncommonly decent, pleasant, intelligent, knowledgeable and generous group of folks. I don't fully understand it but like you I feel fortunate to have found it."

Amen to that. For a bunch of people - most of whom have never met each other - we seem to do a FINE job of sharing knowkedge and understanding. I am still amazed what happened when it became known that Craig needed a computer - or when he was hospitalized. GOOD stuff happened. (In my personal opinion.) Even being part of the "McLux Project" as a purchaser, was exciting. It wasen't "just a new flashlight " to me - it was a new way of doing something, in this case creating a product.

Hopefully someone on this board will see this post, and have a lead.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I have seen the post, but as many forums as I have visited, I haven't run across any Christian ones that I found particularly good, although I have seen a few good general or specialty forums that are predominantely filled with good Christians.

We do have a few CPFers that are notably Christian, Maybe they will have some ideas

d'mo

Enlightened
Stainless,

My weekly bible study helps me get my batteries charged. I teach it, but mostly, I learn.... It's one of those experiences that begs fellowship rather than banging away at a keyboard (IMHO).

avusblue

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
d'mo said:
Stainless,

My weekly bible study helps me get my batteries charged. I teach it, but mostly, I learn.... It's one of those experiences that begs fellowship rather than banging away at a keyboard (IMHO).

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more. Get involved with a small group and / or weekly Bible study and accountability group, and that's the "forum" you're looking for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

In Him,

Dave

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
DavidW:
Thanks a bunch - what search engine do you use most? (I did'nt find any of those using Google.)

d'mo and avusblue:
Bible studies and prayer meetings have pretty much vanished in the area where I live. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif That's why I'm hopeing to find SOMETHING online.

2dogs:
Looking to discuss world affairs from a Christian point of view - swap knowldge of scripture and prayer requests - sort of like an online coffeehouse if such a thing exists.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know of any either. The CPF and the occasional SciFi board is about all I do forum-wise. The best Christian community I plug into is our homegroup. It consists of 6 married couples and we take turns hosting the meeting each week. I really look forward to our meetings!

Peter

d'mo

Enlightened
Stainless,

Where are you located. I'll do some homework and see if I can find you a group - they're everywhere, but sometimes difficult to locate. PM me if you prefer.

If needed, I'd be happy to type of some minutes from my weekly study for you to get you started. I'm no expert and have much to learn myself, but I hope to be attending divinity school in the fall (still waiting for that all-important acceptance letter.)

All - It's good to see and hear that flashlights aren't the only light you are seeking!!!