Thrunite P60 drop-ins

CaptainJack

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,
After going through a mind numbing amount of pages on the P60 drop-in thread, I couldn't find an answer about the 3mode module that I'm thinking
of getting.
I have a couple of Surefire 6P's that I'm going to get bored out for the 18650's and wanted to do the drop-in upgrade but I'm unclear about the
operation of the 3mode.
If I have a McClicky switch installed on the SF, will that cycle the P60 through the three stages, or do I need a different tail switch?
And has anyone done a side by side with the Malkoff P61? I like the idea of
three levels, so I'm leaning towards the Thrunite.
Thanks for any input.
Jack

t

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
MrGman tested 2 P60 Thrunite drop-ins for OTF lumens.

One was 260ish Out the front lumens, but the other one was 220ish OTF. In a Stock Surefire C2 hosts with no UCL lens the 220ish OTF one was down closer to 200 Out the front. Sorry, but truth is truth.

Get the Malkoff M61, just be patient. They already were tested at over 300 out the front lumens, but the warm reading is 260ish.

There is also Anto who makes P60 drop-ins XP-G R5. MrGman tested his XP-G R4 at 306 OTF and over 280 OTF at 4 minutes. So, I again if you are patient you can get the XP-G R5 just PM him to get you on the wait list.

Dereelight XP-G R5's are also 297 OTF lumens, soo why cant Thrunite????

CaptainJack

Newly Enlightened
Hello
bigchelis
Good points on all the alternatives to the Thrunite, in fact I'm on the waiting list for the M61 to put in my SF 6pl Defender and I have the M60
inside a SF 6p mounted to a Mossberg 590 with a tail switch.
I was looking for a drop in for my shop light (another 6p) that would allow me to adjust the light for the task when working around the house. You
don't always need 250 plus lumen's to look for something in a storage area or to work on something.
I already have a McClicky on the defender and I'm having another installed when I send the two of them out to be bored out for 18650 batteries, so I thought I'd
shop around for a two or three mode for the shop light.
Know of any other multi mode drop in's beside the Thrunite?
Thanks for your comments,
Jack

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only other ones with multi-modes are the Dereelight XP-G R5 and the Nailbender XP-G R4.

What is the voltage input you are looking for?

What cells are you using?

CaptainJack

Newly Enlightened
I just sent an email to Dereelight about their 3SD and 3SM drop in's to find out if they will work with my set-up.
I'm hoping to find a drop in that would allow me to use the 18650 or, in an
emergency, the primary 123a's.
I don't know if that animal exists, so if push came to shove, I would only use the 18650.
Jack

The only other ones with multi-modes are the Dereelight XP-G R5 and the Nailbender XP-G R4.

What is the voltage input you are looking for?

What cells are you using?

bkumanski

Enlightened
You may also want to look at the Nailbender dropins. He can customize any LED into a p60 and he has several drivers with different numbers of modes. I have his SST50 p60 and have been quite pleased. He maked several xpg models too.

CaptainJack

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, I'm still waiting to hear from Dereelight, but
in the meantime I'll try to contact NailBender.
Jack

Vernon

Enlightened
I've only used 1-stage drop ins. So if I get a three-stage P60 style drop in for a SF (C2 or 6P for example), do I simply turn the light on/off to access the three levels? Simple as that?

CaptainJack

Newly Enlightened
Hello Vernon,
Near as I have been able to figure out, you need a click switch to cycle through the 3 modes.
I have already done a McClicky switch on one of my SF 6pl and I'm having the other one done
when I send the two bodies in for boring (to run the 18650).
I heard back from Alan at Dereelight and he says to use the SD version on
flashlights powered by a single 18650 and the SM when running two 123a's.
Jack

I've only used 1-stage drop ins. So if I get a three-stage P60 style drop in for a SF (C2 or 6P for example), do I simply turn the light on/off to access the three levels? Simple as that?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Some flashlights can use 2xrcr123, 2xcr123a, OR 1 x 18650. No dropins do? Too bad EagleTac dropins aren't p60.

It01Firefox

Newly Enlightened

That's correct, and you don't need a clicky, it also works with a twisty, simply press and release or twist back and forth to cycle through the modes.

Markus

Vernon

Enlightened
That's correct, and you don't need a clicky, it also works with a twisty, simply press and release or twist back and forth to cycle through the modes.

Markus

Thanks for the info. I just ordered a Nailbender 3-mode SST-50!