best place to buy cool quark mini123?

Advil

Newly Enlightened
I've googled around and it only looked like 3 stores carry this light. I think I'm not looking in the right places. I'm a huge noob and I don't even have a light yet (my first is a TK11r2 that arrives tomorrow) but would like an EDC and would love this light. After searching around I think I'd rather have the "cool" version as I don't really like warm light. where can I get this for a good price? I can't tell which is warm and which is cool.

Sorry to bother you all, I've been around for a long long time and only posted a handful of times.

milkshake

Newly Enlightened
have you tried the 4sevens website? the discount code is cpf8.

Last edited:

curiousone1

Newly Enlightened
4Sevens....of course....:)

http://www.4sevens.com/index.php?cPath=297

The Quark series of LED flashlights, designed by 4Sevens, is the result of input from engineers and flashlight enthusiasts around the world for over 5 years. The upshot: there is no finer, more useful flashlight than a 4Sevens. Proven reliability, functional versatility, and enough illumination to challenge the sun itself - this is the flashlight, redefined.

Don't forget to use your CPF discount.......

Advil

Newly Enlightened
have you tried the 4sevens website? the discount code is cpf8.

4Sevens....of course....:)

http://www.4sevens.com/index.php?cPath=297

The Quark series of LED flashlights, designed by 4Sevens, is the result of input from engineers and flashlight enthusiasts around the world for over 5 years. The upshot: there is no finer, more useful flashlight than a 4Sevens. Proven reliability, functional versatility, and enough illumination to challenge the sun itself - this is the flashlight, redefined.

Don't forget to use your CPF discount.......

Of course that was the first place I checked, you linked the regular quarks but I wanted the Mini 123 and on the website they only link this one

http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=297_355&products_id=2045

I wanted the one with the "cool" LED and they only list one of the two variations, i can't tell which one that is.

Last edited:

Kif

Enlightened
Of course that was the first place I checked, you linked the regular quarks but I wanted the Mini 123 and on the website they only link this one

http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=297_355&products_id=2045

I wanted the one with the "cool" LED and they only list one of the two variations, i can't tell which one that is.
The link is for a mini 123 which has XPG R5 "cool white" LED
The Mini 123 - Q3 5A, which has "Neutral white" or called "warm tint" is not available on 7777 website now.
I will say the 7777 website is the best place to buy the mini 123.

Advil

Newly Enlightened
Oh perfect! I placed my order, threw in 2 of their 123's since i read a good review about them in a shootout on here and also added a Fenix E01 to the mix.

I've now ordered 3 lights, a ton of batteries and a charger and still have zero in my possession. Oh man

sooooo now that i have the E01 coming. the search for the best AAA's begins. I needed some good rechargeables for my 150mW laser anyway. any suggestions before I start my search? I need a rechargeable and wouldn't mind a suggestion for a primary since they hold a charge better/have bigger capacity. The e01 won't be burned that often so I'm expecting a primary to last quite a while. I definitely need a pack of 4 rechargeables with a high capacity because my laser just burns right through them. Currently I'm using 900mAh sonys that work beautifully.

also would it be safe to leave the E01 in my car at all times, even in very cold/hot temperatures. especially the latter because I live in Texas and it gets extremely hot in the car.

Last edited:

Bomo

Newly Enlightened
I would just run Eveready Lithium AAA's in the E01. They last a long time and are good performers in temperature extremes.

vali

Enlightened
AAA primary lithiums are the way to go for an emergency light or if it will be exposed to temperatures in boths ends of the scale. If you cant get them, use LSD NiMH.

For battery questions alone you should open a new thread in the battery section.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The only AAA rechargeables I can think of that might be better than your Sonys would be Eneloops. There are some Duracell 1000 ma AAA's, but you can't necessarily believe all the ratings. I'm not sure you'd see any difference between them and what you have already.

Geoff