Gerber flashlights anyone?

Steveo

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have a gerber LED flashlight? They look halfway decent on their website. Anybody have any info?

ragweed

Enlightened
The Gerber Infinity Ultra is excellent at 8 lumens & uses an easy to find AA battery. Don,t know much about their other lights though.

ducat

Newly Enlightened
I've got an Infinity Ultra as well and its an amazing little light for low light use, with a useful range of built in filters to play with, and a detent on the filter ring so you can make sure you turn it on in red so as not to destroy your night vision.

And it runs forever on a single AA!

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
the Infinity Ultra are good gift lights simply because they're tough, simple to use, relatively compact & has a decent runtime. newer 1's seem to be slightly brighter, i wonder if they upgraded to Nichia GS? :shrug:

i have the discontinued LX1 (twisty similiar to the IU), it does not put out much light by today's standard & is rather long. but i still like the hefty (solid?:rolleyes:) feel & the matt black finish. the beam does have the odd greenish-yellow tint on perfect white walls, but it does a very good job illuminating objects without the cool blue tint of some LEDs. :thumbsup: no well defined hotspot, just a beam that fades gradually with slight rings to the beam.

i do not know much about Gerber's lights to buy their clickie lights though. if only B&M stores at my place have opened units to handle in person... :sigh:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I think a few folks here have been happy with the little AAA model (Tempo?), if you don't want the Infinity. Fenix has better anodizing on their E01 and would be a better option for just a couple bucks more.

Geoff

oronocova

Enlightened
I have the following:

-Gerber Sonic, AAA OK for the money

-Gerber IU, AA Great light I have one in red by the bed and a white one as well

-Gerber Trio, 2xAAA with 3 LEDs kinda like a IU on steroids. Great around the house light

-Gerber Bouncer 4xUV LEDs (2 different wavelengths) I picked this one up at SMKW for 10 bucks. Puts out a decent amount of UV especially visible in the dark. Lights up the special strips on my IDs and currency. Not sure what it will do on bodily fluids?

I really like gerber products and I think in general their products quality and price make them a good deal.

I also think the Fenix E01 is a better light for the money than the IU.

ragweed

Enlightened
The Fenix E01 is a great light & I have one. Here are the basic differences: E01 10 lumens & 11 hours peak brightness before moon mode, Gerber IU 8 lumens & 25 hours peak brightness before moon mode. I checked them both in the dark & could not see a real difference between 8 & 10 lumens. They are both great lights IMHO.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
i own several gerbers, and 20 others by different companies.

id bet good money the gerbers will still be working when the others are in the trash.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple Infinity Ultras and an LX3.0. These lights are rock solid and built to last. The LX3.0 survived a summer with me doing electrical work on a clean room in Arizona. It was used in 110+ degree weather while on. It was dropped and hit against concrete and steel hundreds of times and has nothing more than some scrapes and worn out anodizing. It never failed to work. My oldest Infinity Ultra is from the generation of them right after Gerber changed the CMG design. It's still used as a tent night light and has been used for hundreds of hours without ever failing to light up. These two model lights are the ones I'd expect to last until the l.e.d.s finally reach the end of their lives. They're built like tanks, have simple twisty switches that can't fail, have plenty of heatsinking, have simple circuits that have little to fail, and run the l.e.d.s at a modest power level that will maximize their useful life.

CV90

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know of an online store in Europe that sells the Gerber Infinity Ultra? I can't find it anywhere in my country.

tbenedict

Enlightened
The Gerber IU's seem to have a much better beam and are great for using up drained AA's.

The E01 feels real good, is smaller and more regulated, has hard annodizing, but that goofy, oval, blue beam drives me nuts for regular use.