The SureFire AZ2 Thread

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: In which I sing the praises of the AZ2

Sorry to bring this old thread up but I'm about to buy AZ2-S version and I presume the strobe is in the electronic alone, the body and tailcap should be the same as with AZ2... anyone could confirm this ???

Also, I see that people were running the head on 2xRCR123 rechargeables but did anyone try to attach the head on other E series that accepts 17670 and confirm if it can run from one Li-Ion (like LX2 does... basically, to my understanding is that LX2 head can run on both 1xLi-Ion and 2xLi-Ion w/o issues). I have run KX2C on single Li-Ion w/o any issues for long time. Really wonder if AZ2-S head would perform the same...

Can't comment on the RC options, but I can confirm that the strobe function is indeed in the head, and not the body.

Mike 208

Enlightened
I have not seen this posted before, but if anyone is interested, the SF AZ2 is now on their website. The posting indicates the light is "available at authorized Surefire dealers." I did a quick search, and found one dealer who claims to have the light in stock (but the picture shown was not a AZ2 but a Z2L). The list price is $260.00. If funds permit, I may pick one of these lights up.

Alberta-Blue

Newly Enlightened
Re: Surefire AZ2 now on Surefire website

Its been up for about a week now. Release (or formal ship from factory... whatever) is scheduled for April 1st 2010.

I have mine reserved through my local dealer :twothumbs

carrot

Flashaholic

Yes, I think it is the same tailcap to be used on the M3LT.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast

Clicky or twisty? I recall reading that one of the new M3s had a clicky with a multi-level head.

computernut

Enlightened

I just got an email today from Surefire advertising their new AZ2. I notice there is a "Test Spin" page now, not sure if they had that before. Looks like a nice light! Link

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

You can see many more new models at LApolice supply website and pre-pay for April delivery too.

Nathan

Enlightened

HA-Black... :drool:

Need to think of a way to afford one of these...

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am interested in the AZ2 and I think it is a very good replacement for my G2Z Nitrolon. I seem to love carrying lights around my neck too and absolutely loved lanyards. However, when running through Surefire's website, I couldn't find any indication of SF including a lanyard attachment just like the LX2 since the tailcap of the AZ2 seems to be made for it.

Anyone knows anything?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

Be patient. Surefire generates it's income mainly from LE and the military, not general users and hobbyists like us.

AZ2 is a combat light and would spark more interests from LE professionals and those in the military. I believe Surefire deliberately launch the AZ2 to get a fast recoup into their R&D costings. Once when things stabilizes, they would launch the LX1.

Just my opinion though but this is how I psycho myself to wait for the LX1. :cool:

It01Firefox

Newly Enlightened

I seem to love carrying lights around my neck too and absolutely loved lanyards. However, when running through Surefire's website, I couldn't find any indication of SF including a lanyard attachment just like the LX2 since the tailcap of the AZ2 seems to be made for it.

Anyone knows anything?

On the official website if you click on Test Spin the light has the same lanyard ring attached as the LX2.

Markus

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

On the official website if you click on Test Spin the light has the same lanyard ring attached as the LX2.

Markus
That's my assumption when I looked at the Test Spin but when reading up on Features column there is no mention of a supplied lanyard.

It01Firefox

Newly Enlightened

They never mention including lanyards except on the firefighter lights, where it's a special yellow one.