Anyone heard of this: Streamlight TL-3LED 5watt LS

S4MadMan

Enlightened
Looks promising!

swps_1741_25334714.jpg

Click HERE for original link.

The TL-3 LED model uses a Luxeon, super-high flux LED - 10 times brighter than a high-intensity LED - giving you the longevity of an LED with the brightness of a high-powered conventional bulb.

Specifications:

Battery : Three 3-volt lithium (with 10-year shelf life)

Bulb: Luxeon-LED, 5 watt, super high-flux, 10,000-hour LED

Material: 6000 Series machined aircraft aluminum with anodized finish; High-temperature glass lens

Weight: (with batteries) 198 grams

Dimensions: .9" (D) x 6.25" (L) Head (D): 1.6"

Run Time: 4 hours of high brightness, 50 hours of declining brightness

Power: 85 lumens

Special Features Includes removeable spring steel pocket clip and adjustable wrist lanyard; Adjustable spot-to-flood focus; Tail cap momentary push button – rotate for lock "on"; O-ring sealed

Tech a Billy

Newly Enlightened
Re: Anyone heard of this: Streamlight TL-3LED 5wat

The new Fall 2003 Cabela's catalog has them listed for $119.99 and a TL-2 one watt LED (two cell) for $69.99. They both look interesting, but that 4 hour bright runtime doesn't sound right, even considering the usual optimistic marketing pitch and, alas, they are not regulated. Boy, I'm getting spoiled.

steinie

Newly Enlightened

Ordered one today, will have to post how I like it when it gets here in a week or two. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kz1000s1

Enlightened

Yes, I saw at the SHOT Show in Febuary. A very nice light, probably brighter than the SF L4/KL4. I was going to buy one if the L4 hadn't come out already.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah!! They're finally out whoo-hoo.....oh....wait..I..I have no money! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!

Why does the head of that thing remind me of "Legend LX" with the disproportionate "head/body" ratio. I know that a ratio of 1:1 is taboo, as that ratio is "protected" by Trademark, but c'mon. Couldn't they have streamlined it just a tad as they did in their TwinTask series? I like flashlights like I like my women....accentuated with <font color="red">sexy</font> curves /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ed.