Olight M30 Triton tailcap problem (resolved)

Stream

Enlightened
Unfortunately, cleaning the contacts and tightening the retaining ring did not solve the problem. However, I contacted the seller and they shipped out a new tailcap. So far I have not had any issues :)

I just got a new Olight M30 in the mail today from qualityflashights.co.uk. I really like the light, however, there is a small issue with the tailcap. I am using two AW 18650 cells with the extender tube. Every once in a while the light will fail to activate when pressing the button, but pressing it on and off again will activate the light. What happens is that the light immediately flashes on but then goes off when the button clicks, as if it somehow fails to stick. Could this be a defective tailcap button? I have searched the forums but have not found anyone else with this issue, so I just wanted some input before I write to the seller and ask for a replacement tailcap.

Thanks for any input :)
Stream

Last edited:

Stream

Enlightened
Re: Olight M30 Triton tailcap problem

I'm curious if others have experienced this issue.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast

I never had this problem with my M30 but have had it with other lights and was always able to fix by cleaning the tailcap threads and contact points with alcohol and then re-lubing and made sure the tailcap retaining ring was tightened down.

Stream

Enlightened

Hey, thanks for the reply. So you think the contacts could need cleaning straight out of the box? I haven't used it for much more than a day, and I noticed the issue at the beginning. What I find odd is that it never fails when you press slightly for momentary on, only when you click it all the way on. In other words, you click the button and the light flashes on before dying. Is this similar to the problems you experienced with the other lights?

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have had similar experiences resolved by cleaning and tightening the retaining ring but I have also had faulty switches that I had to replace. Have you tried cleaning and checking the retaining ring in the tailcap?

Stream

Enlightened

No, it didn't occur to me to clean it since it was brand new and never before used. I guess I could try tightening the retaining ring first.

Stream

Enlightened

Unfortunately, cleaning the contacts and tightening the retaining ring did not solve the problem. However, I contacted the seller and they shipped out a new tailcap. So far I have not had any issues :)

Last edited:

Latest posts