Would you buy an iTP A6 Polestar if you already had an MTE P7?

PayBack

Enlightened
Hi,

I'm looking at getting a new light or two... and want something that will put a lot of light out to about 100 metres (yards).

I have a cheap 5 mode MTE P7 which on high, out does almost anything I have out to about 50 - 75 metres (and by this I mean puts out the most light in that range, my Tiablo A8 out throws it by miles but total output is way less).. it's not 900 lumens like in the side of the torch lol, but it's a great light for the price at short to medium range.

Anyway I want something that puts out more light at slighly longer range. I was thinking of the iTP A6 Polestar? (The Femix TK45 is too big)

Anyway, would the iTP A6 Polestar put out enough extra light to make it worth getting over the MTE P7?

I have searched on comparisons honest :D but haven't found any.

Thanks,

PB.

wingnut86

Banned
I have an MTE SSC P7, and I would probably buy the iTP too.

If I was ordering it from shining beam, I would look at this first...It's available in warm white too:twothumbs

PayBack

Enlightened
Thanks, yes there are a number of options in that format, but I'm not a big fan of Big Head, Skinny Body, lights.

Actually another option might be the Lumapower Mentor, plus it's got a GITD switch.

apontes

Newly Enlightened
Keep in mind that tha iTP A6 is a flooder. It is certainly a good enough and useful light, but definitely not a thrower.

You might want to check other options for range. Fenix TK40 comes to mind (certainly not a skinny light). The MG RX-1 recommended by Wingnut is excellent value, and easily outthrows the A6 too.

joe1512

Enlightened
I would look at other options. The Polestar is mainly for people who don't want to mess with 18650 batteries. (i.e. great gift)

Since you are willing to do so and specifically want more throw and more light output, you need to look elsewhere. The Polestar would certainly work, but then you'd need 6AA Eneloop and a charger.

(an aside: You can get Eneloops in 8AA, 2AAA, charger, and some C/D-sized adapters for 30 bucks at amazon. You can also get the christmas edition of the polestar bundled with the A3 mini-AAA light and save a bit as well).

So, how come the P7 is not bright enough for ya? Are you needing a lot of throw for hunting or something? Or just want the Bigger Better Deal?

For pretty cheap (48 bucks)< check out sku.30683 at Deal extreme. It has 5 throw-oriented emitters and there are some videos showing it compared to a P7. It might be a budget way to get what you are looking for, if you are willing to go with DX (which I presume you did something similar for your P7).