Jetbeam ????

liljon140

Newly Enlightened
Ok so I got my 1st real light today. I received my new Jetbeam Jetpro 1 v3.0. Well sorta. In my box I got a v3.0 warrenty card and 3.0 instruction but my light says Ver 2.0. Is there anyway of telling if maybe my light has a misprint or somehting. How can I tell if my light is the right on or did I just get jipped. What are the differences in Ver 2.0 and ver 3.0. This one is able to tailstand and has user defined settings so I think I will just keep it i would just like to know what I have. Also how do I tell what LED the light is running. I bought the v3.0 due to the run times and out put on a single AA battery is there that much difference in V2.0 and V3.0 in that aspect?

Sorry for all the questions I just dont know the answers I am more of a gun and knife guy. Just starting to get into the flashlight thing.

Thanks again for any suggestions and info.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's weird and it'll be difficult to find out the truth!

I'm not an expert, s I don't have any Jet-I Pro, but I think the only difference was the emitter, changed to an R2 for the Pro 3.0. Perhaps there were unvisible differences in the electronics as well, no idea.

OK, the engraving is on teh body, which is only a tube and the same one for sure, differences are in the head. So, I guess they simply didn't pay attention and got an old tube for your light, as the paperwork is OK, could be the whole light as well of course.

Check these links for both lights :

http://www.jetbeam.com.cn/links/pro/jet1proibs2.aspx

http://www.jetbeam.com.cn/links/pro/jet1proibs3.aspx

Perhaps you're able to find out by comparing your light and the pictures. If not and if you have other lights with Q5 and/or R2, you may compare the brightness, but that won't give you a real answer neither.

If you like your light, just keep it and think that the teh only difference may be 15 Lumen and that it is a good light after all. If you can't stand the feeling of having gotten an old version while paying a new one, contact your dealer for a replacement, that won't be a problem for sure, but in theory you could get a replacement light which isn't as good as the one you have now... :thinking:

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
We are trying to get an answer from Jetbeam on this, however our feeling is that it was either a misprint or they used left over bodies. Our shipment of Jet-I Pro V3 that were just received only weeks ago had quite a few with the 2.0 printed on the side.

As soon as Jetbeam gets back from holiday on the 20th, we will try to get an answer for you. The main difference between the 2.0 and 3.0 was the they went from a Q5 to an R2 bin. I don't recall if any other changes were made.

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com
JETBEeam USA
888-221-5498