The Lure of titanium, all things titanium.

GLOCK18

Enlightened
Officially addictive to titanium

Ti.jpg

Last edited:

KD5XB

Enlightened
Re: The Lure of titanium, all thing titanium.

I don't see a titanium Glock! :naughty:

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice collection. Imagine trying to pull that off before the end of cold war with Russia and the business restrictions with South Africa. That is probably more Ti than the total owned by 99% of the people of North America 40 years ago.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

Nice collection!

But I can think of a couple pieces you're missing ;)

GLOCK18

Enlightened

fyrstormer

Banned

Nice collection. Imagine trying to pull that off before the end of cold war with Russia and the business restrictions with South Africa. That is probably more Ti than the total owned by 99% of the people of North America 40 years ago.
Kinda stupid, considering there's more titanium on earth than iron. Trade tariffs FTL.

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
i noticed there was no Ti wedding band...lol Thats how I convinced my wife to let me get the Ti Quark..."but baby, it matches my wedding ring!"

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
Nice pics of some nice metalwork. I don't recognize the light 3rd from the right. Very nice.

I have been slowly buffing an old ti bike frame this winter and looking at this thread brings a little guilt at still having it in pieces in the garage.

Love the way it feels in the hand and the way it wears (without the bead blast finish).

photonwave

Newly Enlightened
Titanium is such a wonderful thing. I have titanium body jewelery, and I have a lot of titanium hardware in my body from being hit by a drunk driver while I was riding a bike.

Without titanium, I'd likely be up a creek, as my body reacts unhappily to the other usual metal choices for skeletal replacements. Got nickel ear piercings, instant carbuncle. Gold rings make me break out all over my hands, silver doesn't work well with my corrosive skin, and stainless steel caused much inflammation.

Thank you, titanium. You make my life so much more bearable.

THREE CHEERS FOR TITANIUM!

photonwave

Newly Enlightened
i noticed there was no Ti wedding band...lol Thats how I convinced my wife to let me get the Ti Quark..."but baby, it matches my wedding ring!"

They got any Tungsten-series LEDs made to match my tungsten carbide wedding band? :D

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
although a tungsten light would be a GREAT shelf queen, i think its rather heavy and actually impossible to machine lol, my job involves a lot of typing so i didn't spring for the tungsten, my wife sells jewelry at a pretty prestigious store, so i got my titanium ring AT cost...price was $280...cost to me $7....yea they mark it up that bad