Recommend me 2-AA battery led flaslight. No fenix please!

joshivic

Newly Enlightened
Recommend me 2-AA battery led flaslight with long run times. No fenix please!

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
Re: Recommend me 2-AA battery led flaslight.Nofenix please!

The Surefire ICON lights... ICON Rogue II is exactly what you are looking for. Two levels, robust aluminum construction, and a very, very long run time. Excellent regulation suits the AA format well.

well-lighted place

Newly Enlightened

Why no love for the Fenix?! My E20 is a great backup--not the best, admittedly, but certainly a capable light.

joshivic

Newly Enlightened

Why no love for the Fenix?! My E20 is a great backup--not the best, admittedly, but certainly a capable light.

I had a fenix stop working on me, the replacement process was awful, the flashlight that I got back was worse, eats batteries and light ouput was also not great. Don't want this experience again, bought three fenix in past, no more.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had a fenix stop working on me, the replacement process was awful, the flashlight that I got back was worse, eats batteries and light ouput was also not great. Don't want this experience again, bought three fenix in past, no more.

Can you tell us where you got your fenixes from?

and as always the roundup is a good place to start:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/214890

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait for the upcoming SureFire Outdoorsman 2xAA...
Haven't we learned our lesson about waiting for SureFire flashlights? Never consider them a viable option until the flashlight is actually in stock and ready to be purchased. :p

kts

Enlightened

You must be really unlucky, I have owned more than 10 Fenix lights, sold some to friends, I still got 6 or 7, they all work like new :twothumbs

But try a Quark,Eagletac or Olight instead :thumbsup:

bfksc

Newly Enlightened
Recommend me 2-AA battery led flaslight with long run times. No fenix please!
What are your other requirements? If all you want is an AAx2 with long run times and similar to Fenix, the only recommendation I have right now is the EagleTac P100A2 or P20A2 depending on design. The updated EagleTac lights have R5 emitters so they're brighter or have longer runtime compared to the previous versions. The AAx2 round-up review from Selfbuilt is great, but it doesn't have the latest lights since it hasn't been updated in a year and new lights and emitters have come out since then. It's a great place to start though if you don't know much about AA lights (like me when I came here a month ago).
:thumbsup:

jblackwood

Enlightened
Dereelight Javelin. Bright, XP-G R5 emitter, nice OP reflector, beautifully shaped beam. Three modes easily accessible with one hand. It doesn't have strobe, SOS, or beacon. If you want those modes and don't mind having to switch modes with two hands (turning the head, which is tough on all my Quarks), get a Quark.

Of course, you COULD get any P60 drop-in you like and drop it into the Javelin's body if you're set on AA batteries. Getting lithiums will let you run most drop-ins and still keep that thin AA form factor (and it tailstands out of the box, a feature which can cost around $25 to obtain on other manufacturer's models, like Malkoff or Surefire). Even if you want to run them off of primaries, you could get dropins designed to work with lower voltages like Malkoff's M30 or others I've read about.

lights-out

Newly Enlightened
I would have to agree with the ICON Rogue 2 or the Modus from ICON. Two completely different lights, both SureFires import lines.

You might also check out the Coast lights. Coast 7736TS is a torch!

ICON is at RadioShack for Brick and Morter and Coast is at Home Depot

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't we learned our lesson about waiting for SureFire flashlights? Never consider them a viable option until the flashlight is actually in stock and ready to be purchased. :p

I can guarantee you that this beauty is coming out very soon.

SFE2L-AA-1.jpg