Any Turbo head single AA flashlight?

Streak

Enlightened
what is it called?

it sounds expensive no? Does that mean it will use 2AA? Sorry I am not very familiar with the above setting.

If you google samsat 2w flashlight you will see the details.
They were made for an LEO requirement where they did not want multiple modes but a way to reduce the output to prevent damaging their night vision in instances where not as much light was needed. They found the 4X flood by twisting the head feature did the job. They also wanted it to be cheap to run hence the single AA battery.

There are a bunch left. It's not the latest technology but if there's any demand here I am sure I can lay my hands on them and arrange a special for the CPF folks.

carrot

Flashaholic
The idea of a turbo single AA perplexes me greatly. Firstly, turbo suggests that you would like to be able to throw light a good distance, and want a larger light to house a larger reflector. AA suggests you don't mind the tradeoff of having lower power for a larger, less energy dense light with higher "convenience" factor. Single cell suggests you'd rather have a small light than a larger, more powerful light.

So you are asking for a small (and large?), low-powered, long throw light?

I would suggest removing one of your criteria to make your list less of an oxymoron.

For instance, losing the AA requirement gets you a twice powerful light, since 123 is twice the voltage and affords more power to the LED. That'll give you what, twice the throw in a similar (smaller) package?

Or, losing the single cell requirement gets you some pretty intense stuff. For just one more cell, you could have a Quark AA Turbo (if you lose two requirements, you could get the 123 Turbo, even better!) which is essentially what you're looking for anyway. Or, you can go for Or, you can go for two more cells than that and get the best throwing AA light on the market... the DEFT FTP. Quite affordable too, actually...

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
In any case, I just remembered... ARCMania is one of the few makers with a real love for AA's. You may find what you're looking for in his lights. The ARCMania SF-III AA may well be what you are looking for...

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
Dereelight C2h + Javelin head

Lumapower X2 + turbo head

Jetbeam RRT-0 + AA extension - not a turbo head but still throws far, esp with a SMO reflector.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am building a "single AA Turbo" light next week

My 4sevens Turbo AA2 will become an "AA1" to cut the weight and length of the thing for mounting on my bike helmet. True, I'll cut the power output in half but the large reflector will still give me decent throw. If I want/need/demand more light, I'll try out 14500 lith-ion which give a longer runtime than RCR123A.

Calling it "Turbo AA" sounds rather odd, maybe "stumpy AA" would be better?

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
In any case, I just remembered... ARCMania is one of the few makers with a real love for AA's. You may find what you're looking for in his lights. The ARCMania SF-III AA may well be what you are looking for...

uh yes.. ARCMania... great light, wish I have the money to spend on it.

@BentHeadTX

looking forward to seeing it.