Fun with Ultra Stinger

Chris T

Newly Enlightened
Last night my wife and I decided to test out our new and fully charged Ultra Stinger. We were curious to see if it would reach the end of our long driveway (2/10th of a mile). So we went out in the yard, switched it on and then shined it down the hill. Almost instantly there was a commotion near the street as someone frantically ran to their car and took off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. They were in such a hurry they set off their car alarm and then didn't get their headlights on until they were well down the road. Swerving all the way/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif.

Later on I walked to the end of the driveway while my wife stayed at the house and shined the light at me. There was no mistaking the fact that I was being illuminated. With my eyes accustomed to the dark it was uncomfortable to look into the beam. In fact, I am sure I could have read the larger print of a newspaper if I had one in my hand.

Now my wife wants the same light to put in her car.

Chris

richpalm

Banned
I'd sure want to know what they were up to.. definite N.G.

Ultra Stinger sounds good; it's on my list.

Rich

Chris T

Newly Enlightened
Its generally kids doing their thing and then leaving the remnants behind. We did have a stolen car dumped there though a few months ago.

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like you should give her the US and order your self a Tigerlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
So from what I have heard the Ultra Stinger equals the Mag charger for output, but is smaller, and the Tigerlight beats them both. Is this correct?

RY3

Enlightened
I like my US. My wife use it every night to let the dog out (who let the dog out?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I like the way that fit my hand (Size and Weight). I think the Tiger may be a little "short" for my purposes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chr00t

Newly Enlightened
YEAHHHHH *get yourself a tigerlight!!!* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
We had a very damaging tornado in November. A lot of trees down in an area of 150 acres, with only four families here. My Ultrastinger use that night sold three others to my neighbors, and untold others through third person narratives.

Few know what you can buy; or perhaps they don't care, untill the SHTF.

paulr

Flashaholic
Don't stash a rechargeable light in your car unless you're organized enough to remember to charge it up every month or so (self-discharge). Otherwise try something like a PT Surge ($20 or so from TTS), which runs on eight AA's. More expensive to operate if you use it a lot, but cheaper and needs less attention if you just use it once in a while.

Gman

Enlightened
I used a MagCharger for years in the car, had it wired to charge with the ignition on. Worked ok but I still had short run times when I needed it. Course the MC charger is a stupid unit, simply constant current. Keep an M90 in there now. Btw, there is a new FBOP Tigerlight for sale on Ebay right now: $75 with zero bids last I looked.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
Don't stash a rechargeable light in your car unless you're organized enough to remember to charge it up every month or so (self-discharge).

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I have two rechargeables in the car, along with the cig lighter chargers to keep them charged for a good long time (along with a few sets of NIMH AA's for my UK MiniQ40). It's a great combination for longterm portable lighting.

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TL comes with both car and house chargers. From what I have read the TL beats the US but not the MC with the 2nd gen bulb.

Chris T

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm.

I just reviewed the web sites for Mag Lite and Tiger Light. The MC is rated at 40,000 peak cp and the TL at 'up to' 50,000 cp. I realize that these ratings are made by the respective manufacturers using their own tests but this still gives a 15,000 cp lead to the US. Too bad no one has done a side by side comparison of all three.

Chris

chr00t

Newly Enlightened
I do not have UltraStinger. I used to have TL and I compared my beamshot TL vs US (from someone else's beamshot picture). I noticed US has smaller hotspot beam. TL has more wide hotspot. I love TL is best ever I had. I enjoyed use TL flashlight and few months ago We had bon fire. I beam point to the everybody and they got blind cannot see anyone nearby! HA HA HA

This about 200 feet away
TL002.jpg

camera tele'd. How good hotspot whoa!
tigerlight3.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Chris T said:
Hmmm.

I just reviewed the web sites for Mag Lite and Tiger Light. The MC is rated at 40,000 peak cp and the TL at 'up to' 50,000 cp. I realize that these ratings are made by the respective manufacturers using their own tests but this still gives a 15,000 cp lead to the US. Too bad no one has done a side by side comparison of all three.

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris T

Newly Enlightened
Okay. I am truly impressed with the diameter of that solid beam at 200 feet. I'll have to measure a similar range for the UL but I think the diameter will be smaller.

Maybe I'll give my wife the L and I'll get myself an FBOP so I can compare /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif