• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Blasts from the past: McGizmo (SOLD) and CA1499 (Available)

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
All items include shipping will be shipped USPS Priority Mail. Any insurance, tracking, etc. will be extra. US sales only. PP only. First "l'll take it" gets priority. Thanks for looking!

2C Mag with CA1499 bulb + LOP reflector for use with 3x123 or anything that will fit and run from 7.2V-9V. PVC sleeve for 123's already in the light. Runtime is less than a minute. Got the lamps in '04, installed in the Mag, tested it, and then put it in a drawer. I will also include a spare lamp, reflector, and shims for the lamp.
$45

McGizmo 27LT+crenelated bezel. This is a user, but in very good condition. Some anno wear at the edges of the light. Dual regulated stages and modified with a SSC P4. Simple, tough, and excellent beam.
$145 SOLD

McGizmo L1-PRT-917 + rare McGizmo delrin guard. SSC P4 installed. Dual stage. Very good condition. Not very many of these made by Don.
$225 SOLD

Sorry for the craptastic photos:

217.jpg

218.jpg

219.jpg

Last edited:

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Blasts from the past: McGizmo and CA1499

Somebody please save me from myself and buy that rare McGizmo L1-PRT-917.

I have four of them, but I`m now thinking I *need* one more!

:green: :help:

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take it per PM sent>>>>>>>>>>>
McGizmo L1-PRT-917 + rare McGizmo delrin guard. SSC P4 installed. Dual stage. Very good condition. Not very many of these made by Don.
$225

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take it per PM sent>>>>>>>>>>>
$225

Thank you!

:)

russthetoolman

Enlightened

Thanks, I have an HD45 and the beam is beautiful also. I am not sure if it is from Don with an SSC or if someone modded it? Can't tell from the context of the writeup,
Russ

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Russ,

The 27LT was modded with the SSC by CM. Don't know if he is still doing mods, but the guy does good work.

I'm sending the PM in a few minutes. Thanks!

russthetoolman

Enlightened

Paypal sent already. I emailed you redundant questions that you answered about the Seoul mod :) I didn't see your reply till now.
Thanks again!!
Russ

PS, any idea how long it takes to receive it on the west coast of the USA?
anticipation starts now.....

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Paypal sent already. I emailed you redundant questions that you answered about the Seoul mod :) I didn't see your reply till now.
Thanks again!!
Russ

PS, any idea how long it takes to receive it on the west coast of the USA?
anticipation starts now.....

Hi Russ,

I replied to your email.

Sorry, I don't know the transit times, but hopefully I can get the light out tomorrow morning.

Thanks again!

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

You have four of them? My god man...buy some different flashlights for a change!

:D

Bought them especially for deer hunting...for myself and my sons. They`re very nice lights for that type of use.

Three of them I bought directly from Don when he was still willing to do this nice mod. I picked up another one about a year ago because I knew that I really *needed* it.

If it makes you feel any better, though, I do have *one or more* other flashlights.

:kiss: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic

Redundancy of a good thing is a good thing... I will have to try mine deer (bow) hunting this coming fall, Would you share your reasoning as to why they are especially good for this? Either here, or shoot me a PM? Just curious, and I always like to hear the opinions of others...

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Redundancy of a good thing is a good thing... I will have to try mine deer (bow) hunting this coming fall, Would you share your reasoning as to why they are especially good for this? Either here, or shoot me a PM? Just curious, and I always like to hear the opinions of others...

As a personal preference, I always liked the surefire 1X123 L1`s for deer hunting. Good runtime, compact in size and easy to carry in one of your blaze-orange pockets.

When Don came along with his L1-PR-T, that mod kept calling my name...particularly with its higher-powered 917mA LED in Don`s classic PR-T head. The L1-PR-T has a nice two-level beam: a beautiful and functional low-level beam for typical use in the woods, and a really bright "throwing" high beam whenever the same is desired.

This L1-PR-T comes with still good runtime with the modded 2X123 setup (about 31 hours low and 1.5 hours high). Plus, as a CPF`er, it had a uniqueness and WOW-factor that I continue to enjoy to this day.

NOW...I`m intrigued with the L1-PR-T light that you just bought, for it has apparently been further modded by Darkzero (who is one of my heroes) with a Seoul P4. I suspect that this light that you just bought will accordingly be even more spectacular! (Darkzero: what mailing address should I use to send my four PR-T heads to you for this Seoul upgrade?) :D

Wait...! :huh:

That cry in the wilderness that I`m hearing. Is that another L1-PRT out there calling for me?

Gotta go now! :eek:oo:

:poof:

PS: BigHono still has one light left to sell. Go for, guys! (BigHono...sorry to digress in your sales thread.)

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic

Carpe Diem-
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and BigHonu, Thank you for tolerating the gentle stroll off topic of your sales thread. That C mag looks awfully nice for the price, BTW... :grin2:

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast

No problem man!

Yeah, the Mag was a pretty hot item awhile back as the CA1499 made for a pretty nice spot and a good thrower, but was hard to get potted. Supposed to be about 250 lumens OTF on the 3x123.