is the TK11 supposed to have this space?

Advil

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, just got my first light in, a TK11 R2. I was messing around with it and put on a copper ring instead of the cigar grip, then decided i didn't like it so I put the cigar ring back on and now theres a small space between it and the tailcap. I don't remember if this was there before and don't want it to affect the waterproofing of the device.
The O-Ring is covered completely but theres just a mm or two of thread showing

Will you guys check your TK11's and let me know if yours has this space?

2z49x8p.jpg

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, my TK11 also has this space where you can rotate the grip ring several turns up or down between the body and the tailcap.

I run the ring down to the body, then tighten the tailcap, then tighten the ring back up against the tailcap.

This should provide a great weather seal, as well as a kind of jam-nut locking to prevent the tailcap from working loose.

Probably overkill, but it gives you a warm fuzzy at least! :D

BTW, did yours come with a smooth or orange peel reflector? I heard the smooth was still available, but I didn't know if they're phased out yet or not.

Steve'O

Newly Enlightened
The gap is normal.
Maybe it looked different when you replaced the ring the opposite way around as to how the factory ship them.

Mine has the lightly textured reflector too, i was not overly happy with this at first, seeing as i purchased it because i wanted a smooth reflector like the fenix adds show. It would be interesting to compare.

jerseylight

Newly Enlightened
I am glad I'm not missing out, since I didn't buy the copper ring. I think the space is normal, but I did notice sometimes when I change brightness levels the cigar ring comes loose. It can be annoying, but still a great light in my opinion.

LupinIII

Enlightened
Yup, just took a look at mine, and there is a similar gap. I took Stress Test's advice, works beautifully. Thanks.