Looking for a technical article

kuksul08

Enlightened
Hey everyone,

I am doing a school project that involves making a 'brochure' that simplifies a technical article for a more uneducated crowd. I am doing it on LEDs, basically the benefits and how they are the 'future' of lighting.

I did it kind of backwards, that is, I already made the brochure based on previous knowledge and made it really nice. Now I need an article that describes LEDs in a very technical manner. Things like how they function, and applications are the two main areas it needs to cover.

Any ideas? I've been going through hundreds of articles but haven't found anything great yet. Most documents are already too simplified.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I'd start with something like teh application notes from lumileds. They tell exactly how the LEDs should be used and handled.

But then you'd need to create a brochure to match the information.

http://www.philipslumileds.com/docs/docs.cfm?docType=4

You may find that doing a school assignment backwards may work, but you miss learning the specific lesson that they were trying to teach or reinforce. Most of us HATE technical writers (an actual profession) because most do not know how to essentialize knowledge. It's a valuable skill.

Daniel

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am doing it on LEDs, basically the benefits and how they are the 'future' of lighting.

That's your first error. Nobody knows for sure that they are the future of lighting except for people who have stock in Cree.

Your brochure will sound more professional and less like marketing if you approach this from a more neutral perspective and make technical points as to why LEDs are a good solution.