man that was some headache...

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
gone mostly for now but i had a REALLY bad headache all afternoon and evening up til 15 min ago. the kind that centers behind the eye and renders you useless (note: this is the only type of headache i have ever had- i geuss there are other types i just never am lucky enough to get em.).

to make matters worse we are having a bad thunderstorm and the lightning didnt help.

2 things helped me get through it- my cat and my red arc( red is easy on the eyes and that makes all the difference in the world).

now a couple questions -

in case it comes back what is your prefered method of healing?

what do you advise i do now? - im really hungry since i never ate lunch or dinner.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

zmoz

Enlightened
Lots of pills. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif I get headaches about every other day...got some heavy duty pills that make everything ooooh...kaaaaaay..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys,

My wife sometimes suffers from migranes. She has perscription medication, but one thing I told her to try was to lay down and put a cold wet rag folded on her forhead. Every time she has a headache, I get her as cold one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I've used this technique since I was a child. Seems to work for us.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Aragon you're not kidding. It must have been a duzey of a headache if you're so wiped out you can't figure out to EAT when you haven't eaten since breakfast! And drink too. Dehydration will do you in.

If you get unbearable headaches, and they are migraines (sounds like it) look into Imitrex.. around $9.00 (*******s) a pill but worth it if it works..I keep a couple around the house, in case...you may be able to get a few free samples from your dr...

For tension headaches prescription Fiorinal works EXTREMELY well for me. It's a barbiturate that relaxes the tense muscles in the head and neck..

taker easy..

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes a headache is actually from pain in other places. Technical term is referred pain. Like Ted said, sometimes a muscle relaxant MAY help if it's from a muscle group.

Usually a migraine is best solved in the dark and in a quiet area. Medication may help.

-Jason

zmoz

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
TedtheLed said:

look into Imitrex.. around $9.00 (*******s)

[/ QUOTE ]

The prescription pills I have for the really bad headaches actually cost more ounce for ounce than gold! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Excedrin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif actually had a headache today too, first thing I did was...drink 2 cups of ice water and ate. When it wasn't gone half hour later I resorted to the caffine. Funny thing is I've been out (camping) in 95-100 degree heat the past two days with no problems, get home where it's air conditioned and I've gota headache.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I never had headaches until I hit about 47..

Then I started going blind (about 90% blind in the left eye and 60% in the right eye and about five minutes later, head start pounding and nausea).

If I take a couple of Excedrin or Equate Migrane formula (250 mg Aspirin, 250 mg of acetominiphen & 65 mg Caffein) as soon as my vision starts acting up, I'm OK within 10 minutes or so. Otherwise, I'm out of commission for a couple of hours at least.

Eating is good, and I have found that going from bright sunlight into fluorescent lighting makes it worse. (Incandescent doesn't seem to matter either way. Haven't tried to see if LED light is any better.)

Saaby

Flashaholic
Flouressent lighting flickers at 60 Hz or something doesn't it? LED lighting would depend on weather it's constand or regulated a' la PWM I would suppose.

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
Tomas, is that 120Hz because they somehow illuminate on both the positive going and negative going cycles of the sine wave a la fullwave bridge rectifier style?

Also, I agree 100% with your sig /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ed.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur"

You don't even know what that means.... For all you know, it invites people to rob us.
<font color="brown">Woodrow Call to Gus McCrae in Lonesome Dove </font>

Sorry, Couldn't help myself. I'm a big Lonesome Dove fan.

Uva uvam vivendo varia fit

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
What I remember from Fr. Doyle and my grammer school latin, loosely;

If you say it in latin, it sounds important.

Or is it; Careful where you sit in the latrine, the seat sqeaks..

Non Illegitimus Corburundum

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Aragon, take those pills with at least a full glass of water.
Taking in the middle of a meal is probably even better. Aspirin is the most irritating to the stomach, then ibuprofen, tylenol is supposed to be least irritating, hence it's given most often to kids..lots of info on google.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to drift off topic, but those exedrin pills with the caffein in them have some of the funniest commercials on TV where they say that they have "2 ingredients, a powerful pain reliever and a second ingredient that makes it work better!" LOL they mean the caffein of course, but for some reason they don't want to say that. cracks me up every time I hear it.

I get some nasty non-migrane headaches sometimes and I take both tylenol and alieve (naproxum-sodium?) at the same time and that works quite well. The tylenol and alieve are processed by different enzymes so it's not bad to take them both at the same time as it would be to just double your dose of one or the other.

If you continually overdose on tylenol or ibuprofen it won't kill you, but you'll spend your later years on kidney dialysis. So watch the dosage.

If your stomach is so sensitive that you can't take aspirin try bufferin (SP?) as it is "buffered" to pass through the stomach easier and the alieve is also much easier on the stomache and not nearly as expensive as the perscription drugs. If you can stay away from those you definitely should. If it is migranes then you'll can definitly experiment with some of the newer non-sedating (non barbituate or morphine related) drugs. For some people these work really well, things like almotriptan which I sometimes take for vestibular migranes. But you will need to see a doctor to get those and they are also expensive as heck. But you only need to have a few on hand and hopefully you wont need them very often!

Good luck.

As far as latin is concerned, I always wanted to be a judge, but I never had the Latin for it. I never had the latin for the judging. So I decided to become a miner instead. They don't require any latin...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

no James, no not a good idea to "continually overdose." did I leave that out? sorry.
actually, tylenol is difficult to overdose on. some drs recommend doubling the first dose of tylenol even for children. you can take tylenol in the prescribed dose for many days with no fear of ending up on dialysis!

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
The warnings on the bottle of acetominophen (Tylenol) that I currently possess mention something about liver damage if taken in sufficient quantity. But it fails to state what that quantity is. I would assume it would have to be quite a few qrams at a time, since the extra strength variety's suggested doseage is two caplets (500mg each) for a 1 gram dose per dosing period, in this case q4h (every four hours).

Uvaque conspecta livorem ducit ab uva...