Disable the programmable feature of my light?

sed6

Enlightened
I have a love/hate relationship with my JET-III ST BVC. I love it's size, low lo, high hi and hate that I so easily enter program mode and mess it all up.

Does anyone know a way to disable the programming feature of this light? I've got my three levels set and would be thrilled to eliminate the programming feature. Is there a standard chip, or circuit, or part which I can break, cut or remove to eliminate the programming?

Any help is appreciated!

JML

Enlightened
That's one reason I bought the first version of the ST-BVC, which eliminated the full IBS options in favor of the same settings options as the Military!

Last edited:

2Reason

Newly Enlightened
I have a love/hate relationship with my JET-III ST BVC. I love it's size, low lo, high hi and hate that I so easily enter program mode and mess it all up.

Does anyone know a way to disable the programming feature of this light? I've got my three levels set and would be thrilled to eliminate the programming feature. Is there a standard chip, or circuit, or part which I can break, cut or remove to eliminate the programming?

Any help is appreciated!

I just received a Jet III Pro ST with the R2 and BVC and could not get it to program or function properly. I would program the three IBS modes, but then turn the light on and it would be in Strobe, which wasn't programmed, or it would come on in a low-low which also wasn't programmed. I kept resetting the light to the factory default and trying to program it. But, it seemed to have a mind of its own.

I posted a thread:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/262679
and received a couple of suggestions, as well as contact from Flavio at BugOut where I purchased it. However, in the interim I noticed that my tail cap wasn't completely tightened and there was another post about using longer times between the program steps. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/259805
Between tightening the tail cap and waiting longer between mode settings, my light is now working perfectly. Hopefully, that will continue to be the case.

Additionally, others have suggested that there were problems with the clicky switch so that might be another option to explore.

It's a great light, when it's working properly. Good luck.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
that's strange, i got the 1st generation Jet III Pro ST and am using a forward clicky with it, no issues with programming or accidentally entering programming mode. Mine can only use 18650s though.

sed6

Enlightened
Thanks 2Reason for the info and links. I've checked them out and tried them to remedy my problem to no avail. I thought I had it licked, I tried the steps and got it working okay, but then tonight, bam, back to acting like crap and entering programming mode all by itself. I've sent an email to lightjunction and will be sending it back. I'm done with JetBeam, my RRT-0 sucked *** as well.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
use magnets on Your capless 18650s,
or use 18650 cells w. caps

does not help?
bent spring in tailcap wider