Olight T-20, My first

Ksailork

Newly Enlightened
I just received an Olight T-20 Special Edition from BatteryJunction (shipped just days before the fire) and it is my first multimode flashlight. I chose Olight over a very similar Fenix because most of the reviews I read here stated that the Olight had a bit tighter spot and that is something I preferred. I am very pleased with the UI, the design, materials, and the visible machining. It is a brand new level of flashlight appreciation for me. As Scrooge said, "I'm as giddy as a drunken man!"

I have no idea why it is called a Special Edition since nothing on the light or box states so. The box does indicate it has a Cree 7090 XR-E which Cree's documentation shows to be a Q5. Other than that, I have to assume I have what I ordered. This, of course, detracts nothing from the performance of the light but is more of a peeve.

So perhaps not the proper place to post, but many thanks to all of you for your reviews, comparisons, comments, beams shots, and opinions. My next task is to choose an EDC. I look forward to going through the postings to learn what is out there. And thank you for including me in your community. (If you enjoy sarcasm, curse you all for making me spend my spare take-home on flashlights ;) )

Frank_Zuccarini

Newly Enlightened
Congratulations on your purchase!

Olight makes some of the best flashlights on the planet. I'm glad that you are happy.

Frank

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you like your T20. I have a T10 (the singe cell CR123 version of light, for simplicity's sake) and the T20 Tactical (which is the T20 minus the "blinky" modes and with a forward a/k/a momentary clicky switch.) I ike the T10, but really like the T20 T for it's size and ergonomics, lack of strobe and sos and it's superior, IMHO forward clicky.

The Olight has a very tight, well defined spot, with a still bright and usable spill. The T20 gives good throw (concentrated light at a distance) and good runtimes particularly on the lower levels. The lights appear to me to be well made, a bit higher in quality than some other lights in their price range.

They have many fans here, although their following is a bit more limited, I think, than that of, for example, Fenix, which may be due to the distinct beam shape and the particular UI, which some people don't take to.

Olef

Newly Enlightened
Welcome! Olight are good lights and although it is your first I very much doubt it will be your last... :sssh:

Olef

Last edited: