I'm new to this and need flashlight advice

somename

Newly Enlightened
I've been using the LED minimag mainly and I have one other LED light but can't think of the name (uses 3 AAA), but I need something to fit my current situation.

I need a light with the tactical pressure switch option and the RED lense cover. Needs to have at least 3 modes: a really low, a mid, and a really high. Want something around or over 200 Lumens (filter may cut light output), but need to be able to be on for awhile without overheating.
Strobe is not needed but I wouldn't mind having it.
Needs to be very well built, and water proof in case its dropped in a puddle.

Purpose:
I want a light small enough to mount on my bow stabilizer (< 8 inches) for hog hunting and I want the adjustable brightness so I can conserve the batteries when walking to and from stand.

Needs to shine a tight beam (with the red filter ON) 20-30 yards with lots of spill to see other hogs nearby so I'm not caught by suprise by their presence.

I had considered the Fenix P3D Premium Q5 with Cree 7090 XR-E using 2xcr123 cells at 215 Lumens but someone on youtube said the red filter lense is a loose fit ( don't want to have to rig something to fit like a glove).

I also saw their is a PD30 (R4) 265 Lumens (on Fenix's website). Have not seen any youtube videos to demonstrate the beam on this light. Is the spill similar to the P3D (Q5)?

Also considered the TK12 (R2), (listed on ebay and Maxpedition). Is this light "real" since the fenixlight.com does not list an R2 on the TK12?

I am also trying to find a reputable dealer/supplier that has the real deal and not knock-offs but without the crazy markups or outrageous shipping (ie $22 <- from Canada).

Cost for the light without the filter and pressure switch needs to be less than $100.

Sorry for the length, I am just searching for a great light with many features and a vendor I can buy all my future lights from.

somename

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone on this forum has any suggestions?

How do you know if your getting an authentic light?

Does anyone have their preferred stores for lights?

Been debatting between Amazon.com, ebay.com, Maxpedition, Dealextreme.com, Fenix-store (if they ever get the lights in I'm looking at), and a few others.

Thanks for the advice in advance:help:

somename

Newly Enlightened
if your wanting a Fenix look at 4sevens their a very reputable dealer also consider the Eagletac P20C2 MKII , its a new light that can be bought with the red,green,blue diffuser caps that screw into the bezel and not simply slide on.

4sevens- http://www.4sevens.com/

Eagletac P20C2 MKII
http://www.eagletac-usa.com/products/product.aspx?pid=1-4-6863

Thanks for your help jhc, I see you have a LOT of flashlights and even 2 similar to those I'm looking at.

The Eagletac P20C2 MKII looks very nice! I had never heard of Eagletac, but their lights look built well and the screw on filters is definitely a Plus! But I need the remote pressure switch, so I'd be looking at the EagleTac T20C2 MKII XP-G R5 380 Lumen
http://www.eagletac-usa.com/products/product.aspx?pid=1-3-6861

Do they maybe have a remote pressure switch for the P20C2 MKII XP-G R5? If not, I'd still pay the extra for the T20C2 if it proved to be better than the TK12R2.

Since you have a TK11 R2 (which I assume is close to the TK12R2) and a P20C2 MKII, could you give me your opinion on differences in the two lights like on the flood areas and throw distance?
I checked youtube for videos on the T20C2 MKII, but everything was in German so there was no understanding what they said. I was hoping for a direct comparison between the Fenix lights and the EagleTac.

Also, with the RED filters is there a difference in the throw with a Cool White LED versus a Neutral White LED?
Which White LED color did you pick on your P20C2 MKII?

Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, if you can wait a bit, i have a red filter on the way from 4sevens to be fitted on my Fenix TK20 (great light, do some searches and you will see). Drop me a PM so i can remember to send you some beamshots of the TK20 with red filter (if you want them that is)

and :welcome: